Copyrighted Ownership Of Subscriber Messages

To All of the Old Spong Paid Subscribers,

I'm in dire need of regaining access to all of the messages I have received, read and archived since 2006, amounting to over 3,000 entities of information, 3rd party links, photographs and other historical paraphenalia archived over the length of time that I've participated on the forum and wanted to keep. I'm sure I'm not alone in perfoming this procedure of historical preservation.

It is my understanding that none of this data generated amongst the paid subscribers of the now defunct Spong Message Board, hosted by Everyday Health <support@everydayhealth.com> Is now unaccessable.

With this being the case; how was the decision reached to deny access to this Paid Subscriber generated intellectural property when the decision was made to acquire a new sponsor for the Spong group of paid subscribers? The Intellectural Property although un-copyrighted, was by default, the property of those who generated it and not that of the Communicating Medium utilized to enable commnication amongst those solicisited paying subscribers generating said intellectual property. WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR PROPERTY AND WHO MADE THE DECISION TO DELETE AND REPLACE SAID INTELLECTURAL PROPERTY WITH MZINGA?

With this being our bought and paid for Intellectural Property, generated solely by us; does the current or former purveyor hold the authority to deny our access or destroy the property we have generated and communcated amongst our selves? As The former hosting site admits in their email to me below, they have saved some of this archived data but none of OUR Generated Intellectural Un-COPYRIGHTED Property.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but something is very smelly about how we're being treated in this transaction.

"Re: Re.The John Shelby Spong Message Board [#4249060] Everyday Health <support@everydayhealth.com> HeaderReply To:

To:juanhar1@juno.Sent: Fri, Mar 11, 2011 05:23 PM"

"Hello, Juan,

"We have his essays archived which include question and answers from other members, but we no longer have the comments that were posted to the message boards.

If any of this is helpful please let me know the dates you are missing and I'd be happy to forward them to you."

Regards,

Kimberly

Customer Service

Everyday Health

One thing about the web it is pretty egalitarian - once your posted to it your post belongs to everyone.

I don't get the impression that the old site host is utilizing the posts for their own benefit.

America being America, I'm sure you can generate a legal battle that will last for years and cost millions. But if the material is purely forum posts then I see little chance, or need for retaining any such posts.

The alternative position is - if this is of paramount importance to you, what action have you taken to preserve you own copy? None probably. Are you not relinquishing you own responsibility in the matter?

Out of all the forums with which I engage I am sure someone can do a cut and paste of my posts to cause no end of embarrassment. But I do keep a copy of some of my posts.

I guess this is one of the problems with the internet - so much generated: so little storage space.

One thing about the web it is pretty egalitarian - once your posted to it your post belongs to everyone.

I don't get the impression that the old site host is utilizing the posts for their own benefit.

America being America, I'm sure you can generate a legal battle that will last for years and cost millions. But if the material is purely forum posts then I see little chance, or need for retaining any such posts.

The alternative position is - if this is of paramount importance to you, what action have you taken to preserve you own copy? None probably. Are you not relinquishing you own responsibility in the matter?

Out of all the forums with which I engage I am sure someone can do a cut and paste of my posts to cause no end of embarrassment. But I do keep a copy of some of my posts.

I guess this is one of the problems with the internet - so much generated: so little storage space.

This is exactly what I did do. Cut and pasted to my HD, over 3,000 messages from the Paid Spong members in reply to my and others that valso sent messages. When I go back and click on the links to my archived messages I'm connected to a strange site called " MZINGA". Check with anyof the others that archived messages from the forum and you'll find that the same thing happens to them also.

This is exactly what I did do. Cut and pasted to my HD, over 3,000 messages from the Paid Spong members in reply to my and others that valso sent messages. When I go back and click on the links to my archived messages I'm connected to a strange site called " MZINGA". Check with anyof the others that archived messages from the forum and you'll find that the same thing happens to them also.

Sounds to me like you are linking and not cut and pasting to a document format.

Archived