Greetings From New Member

hpmeyer

Greetings [hope your Christmas and New Year holidays went exceptionally well].

I am a pastor of a Mennonite Church near PHX AZ, and also an adjunct professor at a local small university, Grand Canyon University. I could use some input on several of the classes I teach.

I couldn't help but notice that some of the 'progressive' responses to DavidK, were quite insulting and demeaning. Are insults typical in this forum, or are variant ideas discussed with some tolerance?

Thanks,

Paul

Hello Paul. I tried to look up the concerns you have for DavidK and couldn't find them. It's not been my experience that people have been insulting, but I don't read all of these by any means. I spent a number of years at the West Side Parish in Chicago and one of the parish communities was Mennonite. That community has now moved to one of the suburbs of Chicago and calls itself Reba Place, I think. Julius Belser was the pastor. In any event, my interest while I was at the parish was the work done by the Mennonites on Christian Education for children--I found the materials helpful and useful. This is many years ago now, and you may not know of this particular group, but I welcome you and hope that your search to teach is met with some useful comments.

Best to you. Bud

Greetings [hope your Christmas and New Year holidays went exceptionally well].

I am a pastor of a Mennonite Church near PHX AZ, and also an adjunct professor at a local small university, Grand Canyon University. I could use some input on several of the classes I teach.

I couldn't help but notice that some of the 'progressive' responses to DavidK, were quite insulting and demeaning. Are insults typical in this forum, or are variant ideas discussed with some tolerance?

Thanks,

Paul

Greetings and welcome Paul,

Pleased to have you stop by and introduce yourself. No. Insults are not typical in this forum and warnings are not uncommon where remarks get personal or insulting. I think you will find most all here very tolerant, helpful and loving. That is not to say that at times, there are not some that do seem to bring out the 'worst' in others and things go a little too far but in general this forum in particular, at present, is in my experience (opinion) one of the least offensive and insulting. Your opinion may be different from your reading of posts and i offer no defense or argument to the contrary. Perhaps your presence here will provide more data for a more complete assessment.

As far as your reference to Davidk, and any discussion concerning his particular posts goes, that is not an item/topic i (as Admin) would be willing to discuss in public or allow on this forum. ( I say this not to assume you in particular were wanting to discuss it but rather that there may be others who might feel the need for a personal defense.) We are all on a journey of progressive growth and i think we are all learning from our past mistakes. I look forward to any positive contributions you might be willing to share or make to assist us on that journey.

Again, Welcome.

Joseph

Archived