Merry Christmas

soma

May everyone have a Merry Christmas and be given a spiritual experience of Christian Mysticism , which introduces the mind to the soul radiating from the center of our being to connect, guide, and sooth our energy. I feel energy radiates from the soul similar to an electrical current giving light to a bulb. It is no longer rampant, but focused, connected with our core and the spiritual depths of our soul. This consciousness directed by Christ to me does not judge, just witnesses with the understanding that we are drawn to the power of the soul. A consciousness of bliss filling an empty, powerless place with wisdom and knowledge requires inner work recognizing that I am influenced by external circumstances and lose energy so temptations are not ignored, but released by changing perceptions, self-image, concepts and one’s life. My resistance to change is witnessed with the recognition that my energy and power is lost in a diffused and unfocused state taking strength from every fiber of my body. Spiritual practice is a natural gift given to me, a living grace that perfects my poise, manner, coolness and reserve in the muscular and nervous systems of my body. I feel spiritual development doesn’t invite physical health because it is done for spiritual reasons, but the mind and body do benefit, assisting our spirituality in turn. May we all share in this Christmas gift. I want to thank everyone for contributing their inner knowledge so I may deepen mine.

For me the main practice is Silence. When I quiet my mind it is not that God speaks, but that I am listening. Some call this prayer, some contemplation and some meditation. It is not good all the time. Sometimes, I find out that I have to do something or stop other thoughts that get in the way, but silence is a companion that has been a good friend and has served me well. When I was young and a monk I spent many hours perfecting this practice and later many years trying to run away from it. Now, I relax and bath in it. I am so fortunate it has and is always present and that I stayed in contact even when I had a weak connection. I am also grateful that others find their connection in song, dance, serving others or just being themselves because it makes the world a joy to live in. My service to others ect. I would like to think comes out of the grace from this silence.

For me the main practice is Silence. When I quiet my mind it is not that God speaks, but that I am listening. Some call this prayer, some contemplation and some meditation. It is not good all the time. Sometimes, I find out that I have to do something or stop other thoughts that get in the way, but silence is a companion that has been a good friend and has served me well. When I was young and a monk I spent many hours perfecting this practice and later many years trying to run away from it. Now, I relax and bath in it. I am so fortunate it has and is always present and that I stayed in contact even when I had a weak connection. I am also grateful that others find their connection in song, dance, serving others or just being themselves because it makes the world a joy to live in. My service to others ect. I would like to think comes out of the grace from this silence.

Thank you, again, soma! I started meditating again, but it was not going very well...very busy mind that doesn't want to settle. But, I really want to pick up on this again. Reading St. Teresa's book, as you know, and I am thinking that is going to put me on the right path. Just felt very moved by her words.

Archived