Help!

hippiechik

I fell like I am drowning in the weight... What would Jesus do????? What would Jesus do???? That is the ???? that is lost amongst all this hate and judgement...

hippiechik,

If this is a genuine cry for help then you need to be more specific. This is not really the type of forum where anyone is going to palm you off with cheap talk about ""God's love", there are many here who could perhaps help, and certainly not hate or judge anyone.

So if you are still there.........

All the best

tariki

Talk to us. Tell us what is going on and perhaps we can give some insight. There are many of us who feel the very same way about a host of different areas. It's difficult to "help" if we don't know the specific problem. Share with us. This is indeed a safe place to talk.

Micah

Sorry guys... didn't mean to alarm anyone.. My cry for help is to be able to connect with other progressives face ti face. I get so frustrated - I know there must be other Progressive Christians in Columbia, SC but I can't find them. Having a Spiritual Community to connect with is so important but where is the Progressive Community connection? I found the Emergent Village and thought that sounded really interesting but you go to the website and it seems very stagnant.. with post that are months or even years old.. I guess there in lies my cry... The Progressive Christian movement has great ideas but seems very low energy - very stagnant...

Sorry guys... didn't mean to alarm anyone.. My cry for help is to be able to connect with other progressives face ti face. I get so frustrated - I know there must be other Progressive Christians in Columbia, SC but I can't find them. Having a Spiritual Community to connect with is so important but where is the Progressive Community connection? I found the Emergent Village and thought that sounded really interesting but you go to the website and it seems very stagnant.. with post that are months or even years old.. I guess there in lies my cry... The Progressive Christian movement has great ideas but seems very low energy - very stagnant...

hi again, can't really help you as far as "face to face" is concerned. Personally I prefer being more of a "loner", just face to face with whoever happens to be there! Very secular in my ways, and being honest, most explicity "religious" ,even "spiritual" talk , I find awkward when in the "market place".

Every forum seems to have its own pace, which we ourselves contribute to - some move far to fast for me, others do seem rather slow at times.

I don't really take much notice of "movements" and their energy levels. As the "spiritual" would no doubt say, the Lord has His own ways of doing things.

All the best

Derek

:)

If you google "gay friendly churches" you get five Episcopal, three Lutheran, and one UCC congregation in Columbia, SC. That might be a start.

I don't know whether it is funny, or sad, but probably both, that gay friendly seems to be the indicator light for progressive faith communities.

Archived