Hi, I'm Dan, And I'm A... Post-Evangelical (Gasp!)

Pondering Pilgrim

Hi everyone,

I'm so happy to have found this forum. I grew up in a rigorously reformed, conservative, evangelical, presbyterian (not the liberal main-line PC(USA)) home and church, and for a time myself became enthralled with conservative reformed theology. However, I have become disillusioned with my faith, and at this point am in an open-minded, questioning mode. I feel like I need something to seize onto though, now that I've let go of my traditional reformed faith, and this forum seems like a good place to start in my search. I look forward to future interactions here on the forum :)

-Dan

Hi Dan,

Glad to greet you. Hope you can recover your breath (gasp gasp) and be able to join in with the various discussions.

It seems to me that every Faith has "many mansions", so no matter the ponderings, its more a changing of rooms than leaving the house!

Anyway, all the best, "see" you around.

tariki (Derek)

Welcome, Dan! I'd like to think that Progressive Christianity is a continuation of the Reformers' notion that our faith should always be reforming. :) I look forward to your involvement here.

Hi Dan,

I just joined this group as well. I feel exactly what you are feeling. I grew up in Northeast PA in the Evangelical Reformed church (and now the more liberating United Church of Christ). What the United Church of Christ stands for is wonderful, unfortunately most E&R's in Northeast PA weren't told that they became UCC (in 1959)and therefore they are still stuck in their conservative ways. Christianity in general could be such a wide open accepting faith. I look forward to some good discussions here!

Micah

Archived