12 Years Ago I Had 'spiritual Breakdown'

Nancy

Hi there all,

I am new here. i currently post on Tentmaker.org. i have read a few posts that are interesting so i thought i would join in if that's ok with you all!!!!

A little about me!

About 12 years ago i had a 'spiritual breakdown' as i later called it. I was convinced that i had committed 'that' sin! I went to a psychiatrist and he diagnosed me with OCD which i then realised that i've had since being a young girl.

I am now 43 years old, live on the outskirts of London, married with no children but i do have a beautiful fur baby called Spikey! I waitress at a local fish restaurant which i throughly enjoy. My hobbies are nintendo ds games, reading, gardening, eating out, buying books as well as reading them.

I stopped going to church not long after i found out that God is not going to burn people for eternity because i couldn't stand listening to that nonsense anymore.

I became interested in Eckhart Tolle and his spiritual teachings, buddism, i sort of belief in re-incarnation as it sort of makes sense, but i don't like the idea that when we die we just go back into the 'void' or that we have to come back to a new body for maybe millions of lifetimes until we reach spiritual enlightenment.

I am a christian but i don't think fundies would like some of my beliefs!

I hope to have some enlightening conversations with you.

Godbless

Nutkins

Nutkins,

Welcome to the forum.

I've been in as much trouble with fundamentalist Buddhists as with fundamentalist Christians. I guess I find it difficult to "believe" in most things.

If I had to call myself anything it would be a Pure Land Buddhist, which is very egalitarian. The only thing we seek to out do each other in is in foolishness...... :D

Look forward to seeing you (or your words) around.

tariki

Hello, Nutkins, and Welcome!

You will find that, once outside of the orthodox church doors, Christianity is an umbrella that embraces a large number of approaches to the teachings and understanding of Jesus. Then we have the whole other issue of God, too. Orthodox Christianity is more or a human construct than it is a faith. Unfortunately, the biggest problem with either Protestant and Catholic orthodox Christianity is, well, Protestant and Catholic orthodox Christianity. What you are exposed to in these religions is just that: religion. Your Journey will take you beyond such dogmas and agendas putting you in a place where you will find ideas that fit together in a Faith that is right and just for you. I wish you well on your Path!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived