Introduction For Kathy Summers

JosephM

Posted for Kathy Summers..... JosephM

Dear friends,

Thank you for the Progressive Christianity web site. Before I found it, I used to wonder if any other people believed the way I did. And after finding it, it has been such a joy and comfort to my soul to study the 8 points and to read many of the articles on the web site. Thank you so much for all that is shared. The Jesus I know loves everyone always.

I am 66, the mother of 9 children. I have 27 grandchildren. I live in Kailua, Hawaii.I raise and train service and therapy dogs and have a service dog of my own, a beautiful GOlden retriever named Sophie.

I wonder if anyone knows any progressive christian churches here in Hawaii or friends that cherish such an inclusive belief about God and his love for all people.

Thank you so much. ALoha.

Kathy Summers

Welcome Kathy, I'm glad you found the site and the board here. I'm glad you've found it a blessing and we are blessed by your participation here.

As for Hawaii, I can't say I know anything about it, but I wish I did! :)

Peace,

Mike

Kathy, Aloha and welcome to the forum. I owe Hawaii a big mahalo as it helped shape my spirituality. I lived on the Big Island and Oahu. It was not any institution that shaped it, but the beaches and jungles gave me the wander, stillness and majestic splendor to investigate that special feeling of tranquility. Hiking up the volcano and staying alone on Mona Loa and back in the deep jungle valleys for weeks and months at a time showed me that one is never alone. It took me almost two years to realize that living on the beach and in the jungle was hard work.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted for Kathy Summers..... JosephM

Dear friends,

Thank you for the Progressive Christianity web site. Before I found it, I used to wonder if any other people believed the way I did. And after finding it, it has been such a joy and comfort to my soul to study the 8 points and to read many of the articles on the web site. Thank you so much for all that is shared. The Jesus I know loves everyone always.

I am 66, the mother of 9 children. I have 27 grandchildren. I live in Kailua, Hawaii.I raise and train service and therapy dogs and have a service dog of my own, a beautiful GOlden retriever named Sophie.

I wonder if anyone knows any progressive christian churches here in Hawaii or friends that cherish such an inclusive belief about God and his love for all people.

Thank you so much. ALoha.

Kathy Summers