Positive Behavior Intervention

soma

Mark 11

15On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the moneychangers and the benches of those selling doves, 16and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17And as he taught them, he said, "Is it not written:

" 'My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations'? But you have made it 'a den of robbers.”

It seems to me Jesus was confronting injustice and expressing displeasure at the misuse of religion in the service of making money, and at taking advantage of the common person to make money. I don’t think Jesus was an angry person caught up in drama and inner conflicts. I feel he was aligned with the soul and perceived life with reverence, not anger and contempt. I feel the soul makes use of the mind and body and in this case was used to teach a lesson. I feel the Spirit of Jesus is at peace and filled with joy so I don’t feel Jesus felt anger, which others could have felt or we interpret. I feel the mind can see itself as separate from the soul and think of itself as within the body so the mind can think of itself as arrogant or angry, but the soul is just witnessing the mind and body. I feel our growth into higher consciousness is the practice of not identifying with our mind or body, which seems to trap us into feelings of anger or arrogance sometimes.

I don’t know if this answered any questions, but it is my limited take on things.

Archived