Hello

BT.

Hello folks-

I normally am active on one of the more conservative forums.

I enjoy:

Being a progressive gadfly among conservatives.

Being a conservative among progressives.

Skiing.

Studying gender issues.

Politics.

Camping with my son.

Being too old to have a 10 year old son.

Quantitative finance and economics.

Brian McLaren.

Tony Campolo.

Holding an eclectic and unpredictable mix of opinions.

In short, I am a geek with a 10 year old son. I look forward to exploring this forum. My world right now is dominated by folks of a more conservative frame of mind. I think I need a safe place for my "left brain". Hoping this might be it.

Guest billmc

Hi BT. Welcome to the forum for Progressive Christianity. I'm glad you found your way here and hope you find what you're looking for.

We will see if this is the spot I'm looking for or not. I spend a fair bit of time on some of the very conservative sites offering a more progressive viewpoint. For my own sanity, I'm feeling the need to balance that out.

Janet-

We are a bit south of you- 30 miles west of Denver or so.

Fort Collins is nice, but I sure like being close to the ski areas. Skiing is more fun if you don't have to get up at 5 am to beat the traffic.

Guest billmc

I was stationed at Lowry AFB from '83 thru '84. I enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the Denver area. I never learned to ski, but we took a few treks up into the mountains and they are so beautiful, awe-inspiring, and dangerous! I wish I could live there again, if only I could find a decent job there.

Finding work here is difficult. You almost need to move here first and the

look for work.

It took me about 10 years of developing professional relationships here before I was able to find a job here.

Archived