Atonement

tariki

note: to avoid any confusion in the mind of our esteemed moderator, "fearless leader" is a term I have used for years as a friendly and casual term of respect.[/size][/font]

david,

And hopefully you use the words "esteemed moderator" in somewhat the same way?

esteemed....

To set a value on; to appreciate the worth of; to estimate; to value;

to prize; to regard with reverence, respect, or friendship

Reconciliation between all people is a fine way of approaching the word "atonement"

All the best

Derek

B)

Joseph,

I thought you would have been somewhat familiar with Mr. Plummer's TCPC eBulletin/Evolutionary Christianity/read on/open path/"On Getting Saved by Jesus"- 4/12/10 .

Short cut to the evidence: http://tcpc.blogs.com/openpath/

I have written to Mr. Plummer- once. After writing him concerning an article he had written, he responded either unable or unwilling to explain his position, admitted to having a different perspective, and advised he would respond no further. So while I may be free to write him... :unsure:

---

Derek,

Of course.

Joseph and I have common interests and often fence over theological issues. Despite our differences, we respect each other. I also respect his authority on this web site, but with such an interloper as myself, he needs a Heculean effort to keep everyone under control. :lol:

In the spirit of true truth,

Davidk

Thanks Davidk,

Of course i am familiar with Fred Plumer and his writings. However, many here are not. Out of respect, when he is partially quoted, such as you did, a link to his article a poster such as yourself is referencing should be included as you now have done in your last post here. Thank you for complying.

Personally i have read both your post and the link and also have a different perspective than you. And as Mr Plumer, i also see no meaningful reason on my part to discuss it with you further. Having said that, i wholeheartedly still respect the right of others here to engage you in dialog concerning your conclusions with his article if any here desire or feel inclined to do so.

Your friend in Christ,

JosephM (both as Moderator and Member)

P.S. Just for the record, It is Fred Plumer with one 'm' not two.

Out of respect, when he is partially quoted, such as you did, a link to his article a poster such as yourself is referencing should be included.... [/Quote]

Wilko

Personally i have read both your post and the link and also have a different perspective than you. And as Mr Plumer, i also see no meaningful reason on my part to discuss it with you further.

P.S. Just for the record, It is Fred Plumer with one 'm' not two.

I'm well aware your perspectives differ from mine. It seems you may have implied, but I don't think you and I were discussing anything other than providing quote references.

P.S. I guess the extra "m" is better than a "b". :)

Archived