Mindy_Airr

Hi everyone! I'm Mindy. I'm a 26 year old graduate student at Arizona State University. I'm working on my PhD in family and human development. I was raised in the Baptist church. We really didn't go to church much, but my family was definitely about taking the Bible 100% literally. Recently my husband and I gained custody of my 13 year old nephew and thought it important that he be exposed to Christian values so we began attending a Baptist church here. I do like the church, but they are very conservative and I was really needing to find Christians who are more open to other ways of life. For example, I have a lot of friends who are of other faiths or no faith at all, friends who are gay, etc., and they are good people. I don't believe that our loving God would send them to hell but the people in my congregation do. I find myself biting my tongue a lot at church. I look forward to talking to you all.

-Mindy

Hi Mindy, welcome to the forum. You've certainly come to the right place if you're looking for Christians who are open to other ways of life. If you find yourself unable to express yourself in the church you are currently attending, hopefully you can find one that better suits you and represents your values.

Peace to you,

Mike

I did some searching for Protestant churches and groups that might be helpful. There is an Episcopal campus ministry at ASU that is listed on this TCPC site that might be helpful in locating a suitable congregation. Also, there are about eight UCC congregations and a couple of Presbyterian congregations that might be suitable, some in Tempe and some near by.

Archived