My Journey Has Brought Me Here!

spiritseeker

Hi everyone,

I am from Australia and I am on my journey to find where I fit and what I believe and here I am.

I feel like I have too much questioning for Fundamental Christianity but I believe in more of a personal God than the Deists do. I would love to learn more about Progressive Christianity.

I look forward to hearing from you all and if anyone is happy to give some brief descriptions of Progressive Christianity that would be fantastic.

I would also love to share a quote with you which I feel best describes where I am on my journey.

"The heart has its reasons which the reasons knows not of" Blaise Pascal

Welcome to the forum, Spiritseeker! Always nice to meet a new friend!

I look forward to hearing from you all and if anyone is happy to give some brief descriptions of Progressive Christianity that would be fantastic.

You can find that on www.tcpc.org and then the 8 Points of Progressive Chrisitianity.

Hope you enjoy the forum and I'm looking forward to your contributions in the conversations!

Welcome Spiritseeker. Look forward to your participation on the board. If I had to give a brief definition of progressive Christianity based on my own understanding, it would be: "an inclusive and non-dogmatic approach to the Christian faith." People on this forum represent a wide variety of religious and philosophical persuasions, so wherever you are at spiritually, you are certainly welcome.

Peace to you,

Mike

Thanks for the replies guys. I have read the 8 points and I think they are great. Mike I also like your brief definition as I feel like that is where I am at and this is a path I want to pursue further.

I am currrently reading a book called "here I am" by John Shelby Spong. It is really good and I will probably read more of his books later on.

I am currrently reading a book called "here I am" by John Shelby Spong. It is really good and I will probably read more of his books later on.

Spong's great, IMO. I'm currently reading, "Jesus for the Non-Religious" and I hope to read his new book on eternal life soon.

Spong's great, IMO. I'm currently reading, "Jesus for the Non-Religious" and I hope to read his new book on eternal life soon.

Yeah I want to read more of his books as well but I thought if I start with his autobiography I would get an idea of where he is coming from. I am 100 pages in so far but I am very impressed!

Archived