Real Time Friends?

Sfariqueen

Im not sure now if Im posting this in the right place, but Im wondering if anyone in this group is available for real time conversation. ie phone conversation.

Honestly I have been going through a very difficult time and really dont have enough local support even though Ive looked a great deal for it.

If anyone else here is struggling and would be interested in a phone friend, would you like to connect up?

I hope its ok to post this here. I have no found a local progressive church in my area.

Thanks

Kris

Im not sure now if Im posting this in the right place, but Im wondering if anyone in this group is available for real time conversation. ie phone conversation.

Honestly I have been going through a very difficult time and really dont have enough local support even though Ive looked a great deal for it.

If anyone else here is struggling and would be interested in a phone friend, would you like to connect up?

I hope its ok to post this here. I have no found a local progressive church in my area.

Thanks

Kris

Kris,

This is a good place for such a post and anyone interested can PM you.

JosephM (Moderator/Admin)

PS To all, Please do not post email addresses or phone numbers in threads. Use the private PM function only.

Joseph,

Thank you so much for your offer. When I try to respond to emails I get they come back that the send has failed. So I have to get back here.

I am on a dial up computer so, I dont know that skype works with this or maybe it doesnt matter.

If I werent dealing with health issues Id probably be able to deal with the rest, but Ive gotten on major overload from too much for two long.

Most of what I do right now is minute by minute and step by step, so not sure what kind of energy will be afforded to me today. I do hope to get out this afternoon, so Ill have to see how the day goes. Its very nice to know theres a sounding board if needed.

Thanks so much.

Kris

Kris,

Just for your information and anyone new to this revision of forum. The PM (personal messenger function ) is accessed by clicking on the drop down menu arrow to the right of ones display name in the upper right hand corner and clicking messenger. If you have personal messages there it should show up as a number of unread messages. It also appears beside your name prior to clicking the drop down menu. You presently have unread messages. They are private and no one can see them except the one who writes them and the one they are addressed to. Not even the moderator or administrator can read your PM's unless you have included them in your conversation by invitation. They are private.

JosephM ( as Moderator/Admin)

I have no found a local progressive church in my area.

If I may, I would just like to note that many mainline denominations have taken quite a liberal/progressive stance on faith. I, for instance, started attending a Presbyterian church in the area, and the minister there is a very open and progressive guy, and so are many of the congregants. I know the Episcopal churches are often very progressive/liberal too. I don't know where you're living, but if you're looking for a church home that's open and progressive, then in most cities, at least in my limited experience, it shouldn't be too difficult to find a local congregation that shares those values.

Peace to you,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Joseph,

Im so sorry its so long my getting back to you. Actually I tried emailing back but from gmail it was rejected, You said I could write from "my messsanger" but I dont know what that is,

My reg email it doesnt work from so Im posting here.

The reason its taken me so long to get back is because Ive been sick and moved and started a new job. heh lots on my plate. <sigh> and Im low low low on energy. I would have liked to call tonight but Ive been exhausted alot. after 9 Im often too tired.

I so appreciate your offer to talk but right this moment the energy is not there.

I do hope you are well and again thank you so much. If energy and time allows I would loe to love to talk with you.

Kris

Also maybe Im just tired but Im not getting the personal message thing.. Im not seeing it.

Kris,

Left Click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the IP board. A drop down menu will appear . The 3rd item down will say messenger.

Left click on it and it will take you to your personal messenger.

Another way to send a personal private message is to go to a post by the person you want to send a message and below their picture/avatar you will find a small box that will say PM when you pass your cursor over it. Its located right above where it says what group they are in. Click on it and it will address the message to them by way of the personal messenger.

Hope this helps,

Joseph

Archived