Im Pinching Myself . This Is To Good To Be True!

Sfariqueen

Hi

My name is Kris

I started out in fundamentalist Christianity, when I was sixteen and dont think I ever

ever really felt I fit in there. Seemed like the only choices I could find, were either

more radical fundamental churches or dusty old more main stream ones, where Id fall asleep in the pew. I have stayed away from going to church for years and years because of this. To find a third alternative is an INCREDIBLE breath of fresh air.

I have always thought of myself as an outside the box person ... on the outside of the candy store looking in. Finding others who are not cookie cutter robotic "Christians" is incredibally uplifting. YAY for individuals!!

Anyway I live in NY, am 49 years old, and although I dont go to church, spirituality is very important to me.

Sooo glad this site is here. Hope to get to know many of you. :)

Kris

PS Any other NYers out there?

A great big welcome Kris,

So glad to finally get your validation squared away and have you here with us. Your story is so similar to many others here and I am glad you found this place where you can share your beliefs without judgement and encourage and be encouraged in your spiritual journey. Take your time and familiarize yourself with the site and jump in.

Thanks for sharing yourself with us,

Love in Christ,

Joseph

Kris look forward to your post. My son went to school in New York. He liked the people and said they were very caring. His first week there in a Brooklyn restaurant he dropped his hamburger on the floor and a black man immediately asked him if he could buy him another. This gesture set him at ease and he immediately connected to the area. Salutations to the Divinity within you.

Guest billmc

Anyway I live in NY, am 49 years old, and although I dont go to church, spirituality is very important to me.

I'm in the same boat, Kris!

PS Any other NYers out there?

Yep, born and raised in upstate: Elmira and Horseheads. I miss the change of seasons.

Welcome to the TCPC forum.

Archived