Hi, Folks

tao-quaker

Hello, folks!

My name is Paul. I currently live in Ohio.

As my screen name suggests, I am interested in Taoist philosophy as well as Quakerism, though I would not consider myself as either. I have also recently become acquainted with the religious ideas of Leo Tolstoy, which resonate with me a bit (though he could be a bit bombastic at times).

I am a die-hard Universalist, as well.

It is my sincerest wish that, as I become acquainted with all of you, I am not too much of a pest. It is great to find a place where it seems it's okay to actually discuss Christianity in a manner that doesn't neccesarily have to fit with all the dogmas.

That's all for now.

Peace, Paul

Hi Paul,

Welcome to TCPC. And yes, it is definitely a place "it's okay to actually discuss Christianity in a manner that doesn't necessarily have to fit with all the dogmas." If you have been looking over the site you have probably already spotted the thread relating to the Tao under other wisdom traditions. Again welcome to your community.

Love in Christ,

Joseph

• 1 month later...

It is my sincerest wish that, as I become acquainted with all of you, I am not too much of a pest. It is great to find a place where it seems it's okay to actually discuss Christianity in a manner that doesn't neccesarily have to fit with all the dogmas.

And also new here, I hope I won't be a pest either. This place seems to be a sanctuary for people like us.

Hello Paul, pleased to have you here. I have a great respect for Taoism and am looking forward to your participating on this board. And of course in particular our Tao Te Ching thread. :)

Peace to you,

Mike

My name is Paul.

Welcome, Paul! There is alot of variety here and many different viewpoints for interesting conversation! I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

When I study Zen and Buddhism, I always seem to feel the need to balance it out with Taoism. Of course Buddhism was influenced by the ancient Indian mind, but I have always had an affinity for the ancient Chinese mind and culture much more.

Archived