Amazed And Delighted

SeekTolerance

Greetings to all! My name is Caren and I stumbled upon Progressive Christianity "by accident" - although I suspect it was no accident in the cosmic sense. God led me here, and I truly am "amazed and delighted"! I had no idea there was a name for my beliefs or that there is a home for someone like me who doesn't fit the "normal" constraints of Christianity.

I was born to a Jewish (non-observant) family and accepted Christ in high school but never joined a church or worship group until this past January. I always felt "outside" - wasn't Jewish, didn't accept that God would punish for all eternity those who didn't believe a specific way. I always believed that each person must find her or his way to God/Great Spirit/Creator. So how did I find TCPC? I am a reproductive and sexual health educator and was searching for websites that could help me continue my studies, stumbled upon tolerance.org and read "What is a Christian?" which contained the intriguing phrase "progressive Christians." Hmmm, I thought, I'm progressive and I'm Christian. I wonder ....

Lo and behold! I found TCPC's website, read the 8 points and knew I had found a home!

I should warn you, I am a professional writer, so my inclination is to write novels when a short story will suffice. That said I will stop for now. So much more about me, how God has shown His presence and love in my life. That all will come out in time. I am happy to meet you all!

God's blessings to you!

Hi and welcome Caren,

So glad you found us and hope you can find the encouragement and community to both assist and be assisted in your journey. I very much like the your signature and am sure you will find us tolerant and comfortable having differing views but a common bond and tolerance for all. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Love in Christ,

Joseph

Hi and welcome Caren,

So glad you found us and hope you can find the encouragement and community to both assist and be assisted in your journey. I very much like the your signature and am sure you will find us tolerant and comfortable having differing views but a common bond and tolerance for all. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Love in Christ,

Joseph

Thank you, Joseph!

Greetings to all! My name is Caren and I stumbled upon Progressive Christianity "by accident" - although I suspect it was no accident in the cosmic sense. God led me here, and I truly am "amazed and delighted"! I had no idea there was a name for my beliefs or that there is a home for someone like me who doesn't fit the "normal" constraints of Christianity.

I was born to a Jewish (non-observant) family and accepted Christ in high school but never joined a church or worship group until this past January. I always felt "outside" - wasn't Jewish, didn't accept that God would punish for all eternity those who didn't believe a specific way. I always believed that each person must find her or his way to God/Great Spirit/Creator. So how did I find TCPC? I am a reproductive and sexual health educator and was searching for websites that could help me continue my studies, stumbled upon tolerance.org and read "What is a Christian?" which contained the intriguing phrase "progressive Christians." Hmmm, I thought, I'm progressive and I'm Christian. I wonder ....

Lo and behold! I found TCPC's website, read the 8 points and knew I had found a home!

I should warn you, I am a professional writer, so my inclination is to write novels when a short story will suffice. That said I will stop for now. So much more about me, how God has shown His presence and love in my life. That all will come out in time. I am happy to meet you all!

God's blessings to you!

Welcome-you are among friends here. bobve

Archived