Skillful Means? What Would You Say To A Dying Friend?

A lot of what we say in the presence of someone dying depends on their world view.

When my daughter was dying she saw people and a dog that scared her. We told her that they were angels. She was a party girl and had a rudimentary concept of God so we also talked about a party in heaven.

What would you say in the presence of a "Bible is the Infallible Word of God" believer? an atheist? others?

Is this an example of "Skillful means?"

What are your experiences with this?

A lot of what we say in the presence of someone dying depends on their world view.

When my daughter was dying she saw people and a dog that scared her. We told her that they were angels. She was a party girl and had a rudimentary concept of God so we also talked about a party in heaven.

What would you say in the presence of a "Bible is the Infallible Word of God" believer? an atheist? others?

Is this an example of "Skillful means?"

What are your experiences with this?

I would ask what they would like me to read to them.

I'd like to offer my sympathy to you on the loss of your daughter. I hope you're doing okay.

Jen

Archived