Dannan's New Member Intro

Dannan

Greetings from Fort Myers Beach, Florida. As I write this our usual late afternoon tropical storm is about to blow through as we're in the rainy season until December 1st. Hopefully, no hurricanes this year; we were fortunate to escape them last year.

I've been a Progressive Christian for many years, although I didn't have a "name" for my beliefs. Some years ago I was introduced to Creation Spirituality, which resonated with me quite strongly, and became very interested in the medieval mystic Hildegard of Bingen. I've since read several books about Hildegard and listened to her beautiful musical compositions. Although still confined within the Benedictine patriarchal system, so much of her philosophy and ways of viewing our relationships with each other and with the planet speaks to the concepts of Progressive Christianity.

I've played Native American Flute for about 16 years and perform in the local area for special events, church services, and the like. I have a video on YouTube if you'd like to have a listen:

I hope you enjoy it!

I'm working on my profile, so there's not much there yet. I'm looking forward to making new friendships within the PC community.

Regards, Dannan

Dannan,

Welcome to the board. Also enjoyed your flute music and visuals. Hope you find much peace and new friendships of mutual benefit in this community. Take some time if you haven't already to review our guidelines and 8 points. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Joseph

Hi Dannan,

Love the Irish name and evocation of the Goddess Dana, beautiful story.

Love Hildegard too. Are you into Matthew Fox, being into creation spirituality? Read a few of his books, most importantly, I guess, Original Blessing.

Looking forward to many great talks about pc. Good luck with the wet season!

Danan, The Divine flows through you and the flute. It seems you empty your self and the Lord plays you like the flute that you play. Welcome aboard.

Welcome Dannan!

Your music is very serene and the visuals very beautiful.

Look forward to hearing from you on the board.

There are many of us newbies here right now, so you will feel right at home.

Thanks for the welcome, Timeflows, and for your comment on the Native American flute video. I'm looking forward to getting to know the other newbies here as well as the "old-timers".

Dannan,

Welcome to the board. Also enjoyed your flute music and visuals. Hope you find much peace and new friendships of mutual benefit in this community. Take some time if you haven't already to review our guidelines and 8 points. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Joseph

Thank you, Joseph. I'll be posting more info about me soon

Need to get some quiet time to focus my thoughts!

Hi Dannan,

Love the Irish name and evocation of the Goddess Dana, beautiful story.

Love Hildegard too. Are you into Matthew Fox, being into creation spirituality?

Read a few of his books, most importantly, I guess, Original Blessing.

Looking forward to many great talks about pc. Good luck with the wet season!

In fact, I'm reading Original Blessing now. I've also read Fox's

Creation Spirituality: Liberating Gifts for the Peoples of the Earth.

That's how I initially discovered Hildegard and have read several in-depth studies

of her life, writings, music, etc. Hidegard ROCKS!

My ancestry is German, Scots-Irish, and Danish Viking going back to

the warrior Somerled. I'm glad the Vikings finally "settled down"

from their raiding days! :ph34r:

Archived