Pc Guildeline Talk - Q & A

David

The board provides for two different discussion areas. Just look upwards to "guidelines" on your webpage.

"This area is for general, supportive discussion about progressive Christianity or related ideas. If you find that your views with regard to Christianity differ significantly from those that you encounter here, please do not use this area to challenge, debate or provoke."

As I see it, if parties refuse to take differences to the debate and dialogue area, then discussion ends. When I find my views significantly different from the thread, I'll suggest moving to debate and dialogue. Otherwise I am forced to agree with points that are not even made explicit. I am asked to make points that may, or may not agree, with with an unknown stance. Anyway, I have better things to do.

Joseph,

While you have your moderator hat on perhaps you can respond to this issue. It is my understanding that progressive christians can disagree in this part of the forum (even significantly disagree) as long as there is not a prolonged dragged out debate. I think you suggested that such a disagreement could be stated and then move on. If it appears to be a case for an extended debate then it probably should be moved to the debate area even though the disagreement is between people who self identify as progressives.

Thanks,

David

That is almost correct. Even significant DISAGREEMENT IS ALLOWED by Differing views between PC's but not to the point of being DEBATED here. Opposing views can be questioned for understanding but not to the point of telling the other there view is wrong or incorrect. One should state their view and why they believe it and unless there is a question, leave it at that. No one here is an authority for PC beliefs The 8 points are our commonality. ANYTHING MORE than stating a significantly different view with commentary or support info or asking questions should go to the debate section. Posts should be reported using the report button rather than correcting members in public when a violation occurs.

This will be moved to a more appropriate area than your thread later. posts that should not be here I will also delete later.

Joseph

Well said. Thank you. If you do not want to make these issues public then that is your call and I will not do that anymore. However, it seems to me that everyone should benefit from the guidelines that you are using. Could you perhaps publish a list of them? Thanks.

David

Any questions you have on guidelines you may post here for clarification and I will promptly answer. Members are expected to use the report button to report posts that they feel are out of line rather than engaging the possible offender publicly. In the past you probably got no response from the report button. It works now. I tested it and it has been used. I will always respond to you privately as long as I am able. If you get no response I am either in an emergency, dead, or unable to reach a computer. Be Patient. I check multiple times each day.

Love Joseph

To All,

PM's are private. I have no access to your PM's not addressed to me.

Please Note that occasionally people will sign up with valid email addresses with no intention of posting and will be seen to use the PM part of this board. Sometimes this is done for advertisement purposes and some may have used the block function to rectify this. If you will report such to me I will remove users who do not post from such privileges as it not only eats up bandwidth when they PM but it also annoys other members. There are no members with zero posts at this time that are over 30 days old except for admin. Those that are, I contact them before removing them to insure that they still have no plans in posting from time to time. Blocking may work for you but it would be a service to others if you could drop me a quick note of anything that might seem improper in that area. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Joseph (Moderator/admin2)

In being inclusive of others we have attracted some others to join this board that not only have significantly differing views which is acceptable but we have welcomed some who appear to be non-progressive with no desire to learn or understand PC better. Unfortunately that has resulted in personal attacks on our members and PC in general, rather than just stating of their views and making points and counterpoints or asking questions. Though we want to make all welcome, and appreciate different perspectives, it seems to me we must draw the line on those who continually attack PC or members personally. Some just do not seem to understand that Love is kind and not rude nor does it behave itself unseemly.

We are not here to convert others or to be converted by them but rather to support each other on our progressive journey. WE recognize our journey as a growth and change process and therefor are open to alternate views that are done with love and mutual respect. However, it seems some even think they are doing God's work by declaring we are non-Christians. That will be not be tolerated. Please continue to use the report button to the bottom left of any post to report any posts to me that you feel are made personal rather than just sharing a different perspective. I can't keep up this board without your input and support and appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

Love Joseph

Archived