Tcpc Forum Is Back Online

JosephM

TCPC Board is Back on line.

Greetings to all TCPC participants on behalf of the TCPC forum. My name is Joseph Mattioli and many of you may know me from past participation on this site over the last few years. I have currently been assigned the Moderator position with some Administration privileges on this site.

Our recent problems, giving a bandwidth exceeded error when trying to access our web pages, was due to spammers eating up our bandwidth. We had not upgraded our system in over three years and the site had not been administrated for over a year. As a result we were vulnerable and were "attacked" by spammers. We had to upgrade the entire system and clean up the spam invasion. In the process, some of the people who had signed up over the last year (estimated at over 75) were wiped off as their field was unrecoverable. For this, all we can do is apologize and hope you will re-register if you find this site useful.. We have also purchased additional bandwidth for expansion so that this forum will continue to be an area of support to those both familiar with Progressive Christianity and those in transition. I will do my best to make your experience here to be more open and honest and also to be more available to you than your experience over the last year .

For those who are not aware, our main site is located at www.tcpc.org which is filled with information and articles to support and reach out to progressive Christians and others. It basic mission is to "reach out to those for whom organized religion has proved ineffectual, irrelevant, or repressive, as well as to those who have given up on or are unacquainted with it. To uphold evangelism as an agent of justice and peace and to give a strong voice both in the churches and the public arena to the advocates of progressive Christianity." Rather than focusing on any specific dogma, we "support those who embrace the search, not certainty."

Our president, Fred C Plumer and the rest of the leadership team listed on the site above are dedicated to fulfilling that mission. Please take some time to explore the site and if interested please sign up for the TCPC bulletin by email. If you believe this work is worthy of your support there is even a place you can securely make donations. Of course it takes finances to maintain this forum and if you are benefiting from it and decide to make a donation please do so and drop a personal email to center@tcpc.org to the attention of Fred Plumer indicating you have done so and are a supporter of the forum.

Deshna who is in charge of web related services asked me to relay an apology to those that are frustrated with the message board issues- She said ...

Please do let people know that we had a moderator for awhile, then she left

without any warning- we didn't realize she wasn't approving members, etc.

We have one paid part time employee in TCPC- the rest is volunteer- and this

was a system that is both time consuming and hard to learn (unlike FB), so

we had to put our time, money and energy elsewhere this last year. We do

sincerely hope that those who enjoy the message board forgive our lack of

attention to the matter. Hopefully, you will be able to change some

people's opinion on that matter and get some stimulating conversations

I will field any questions you may have here, or by PM if personal in nature, and am looking forward to the continued growth of forum members as they grow in peace, patience, tolerance, understanding and love that is challenged and cultured through your participation on this forum. A forum where all are free to share their views and feelings in the respective areas in a non aggressive and respectful manner considering others who may be more sensitive than you. Welcome back.....

Love in Christ,

Joseph

Greetings everyone,

Please report by PM any posts you may find that are inappropriate as one that I found today using our site for advertisement of products. It was removed and the user deleted. I should catch most of them but if you spot one feel free to PM me and indicate the section it is located it.

Thanks in advance,

Joseph

Thanks, Joseph, for taking this on. I really missed the boards while they were unavailable. The facebook message board isn't widely used yet.

Your most welcome. The facebook just wasn't designed to replace boards like these and TCPC management really didn't want to eliminate this one as a valuable resource but there were some serious problems that have since been taken care of like updating the software and cleaning up a bit so as not to exceed our bandwidth limits. Also I am told additional bandwidth was purchased. I've eliminated guests from access to member profiles as I suspect from observation by Myron and myself that guests were gleaming personal data from profiles without participating. Good to see you back.

Joseph

Archived