Testing, Testing,...

Alan

Hello,

My name is Alan and I have been a member here since October, 2007. Unfortunately, my initial posts back then did not go through. I finally gave up and quit reading this site for the last year. However, I have decided to try again and I hope this post makes it through...

Like Spong, I consider myself a 'Christian in exile'. The posts and ideas at this site have assured me that I am not alone. It is refreshing to hear from those who, like me, believe that it is healthy to question and probe our beliefs. I consider the Bible to be the rule and guide to my faith, but I do not consider it the unerring word of God. I live in a small, rural community where my beliefs don't mesh with the fundamentalists and evangelicals that surround me. So, I tend to keep my views to myself and I have not found a local church where I feel comfortable enough to share my thoughts.

With that said, I look forward to continued learning at this site and hope that I may be able to offer comments and ideas that will help others.

Alan

Hi Alan. Good to see you here.

Jack Spong has a lot to answer for - sending us all on that wilderness trip - a new baptism - a promise of a Holy Land. Bless him.

Of course Spong just open the cage door. Then there was Borg, Crossan, Mack, Gager - where will it end?

Guest wayfarer2k

Welcome, Alan! I'm glad you're here!

Yep, I'm sort of a "Church Alumni" member myself. I still go to church...but only for the social aspect of it. :)

Bill

Archived