Why No Outdoor Services?

Haganrih

Maybe it's just because I have 2 young boys. Maybe it's because I love the forest. I can't for the life of me understand why a church wouldn't have a service outdoors, say in a grotto or stand of trees, by a stream instead of in a stuffy building. Any thoughts on this? :blink::unsure:<_<

Maybe it's just because I have 2 young boys. Maybe it's because I love the forest. I can't for the life of me understand why a church wouldn't have a service outdoors, say in a grotto or stand of trees, by a stream instead of in a stuffy building. Any thoughts on this? :blink::unsure:<_<

Many creeds hold that the sacraments may only be validly held in consecrated space, thus they are only valid in the Church. Our Old Catholic Church does not have that cannon or dogma, and we often hold the Mass, weddings and other clebrations outside, under the canopy of God's cathedral!

Look around your area, most of the liberal leaning OC churches welcome worship held anywhere that it can be done with proper reverance.

Look around your area, most of the liberal leaning OC churches welcome worship held anywhere that it can be done with proper reverance.

I'm not familiar with OC. Can you explain? Are the masses in latin? How can these Churches be liberal leaning without Vatican II? Is there a directory? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not familiar with OC. Can you explain? Are the masses in latin? How can these Churches be liberal leaning without Vatican II? Is there a directory? Thanks.

A Church in my area has a Lakeside service in the summer.

I also went to a Quaker meeting that was held on someones backyard deck. There was an outstanding view of the surrounding nature, a gentle breeze, the warmth of the sun, and the faint sound of birds in our presence. It was quite peaceful.

Good luck in your search.

A Church in my area has a Lakeside service in the summer.

I also went to a Quaker meeting that was held on someones backyard deck. There was an outstanding view of the surrounding nature, a gentle breeze, the warmth of the sun, and the faint sound of birds in our presence. It was quite peaceful.

Good luck in your search.

The easiest way to find us is google Old Catholic. As to how we are liberal and pre Vatican two, easy: Under the declaratrions of Utrecht the Church is only bound to the seven historical echumenical counsels, all the rest is considered commentary. Thus we have liberal and conservative OC churches.