Teachings Of Jesus

I will be meeting with my pastor on April 30th and asking our church, or at least our contemporary worship service, to affiliate with TCPC. I would like to propose informational classes on the teachings of Jesus that help with daily living, that help us to live more abundantly than if we had not heard these lessons. Can you give me feedback on the list - adds/drops, revisions. I had this posted in another forum and October's Autumn and McKenna suggested I might get more responses here.

------

Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength

Love your neighbor as yourself

Do unto others as you would have them do to you

Followers need to have right attitudes in their hearts; not just on the outside – specific

examples include alms giving, prayer, and fasting

Become like little children – the last will be the first

Reconcile quickly with those who anger you

Do not retaliate; non-violence modeled by Jesus even in death

Love your enemies and forgive,forgive,forgive!

Give to everyone who asks

Do not store up treasures for yourself on earth – you can’t serve God and wealth

Seek to please God; self-denial; how you live this life DOES make a difference.

Don’t judge others – focus on making yourself righteous – don’t cast stones unless your

are sinless.

Jesus came to seek the “lost”, not throw out the law – he ate with “sinners” and outcasts

There is a special place in God’s heart for the underdog in life

Need to be hearers AND doers of Jesus’ teachings – followers will be known by their

actions. Let your light shine before others and keep your zest for life.

Don’t squander your gifts/talents

Don’t be too busy when God calls you

Serving God is not always the easy path, and not everyone chooses that path, but it leads

to life!

Don’t worry, and always pray for what you need

Don’t be a stumbling block for others’ faith

Jesus became a way for people to feel forgiven of their sins, and faith in Him relieved

their sufferings

God loves all of us, and giving us Jesus is a great expression of that love!

Don't let your religion get in the way of your relationship with God and with other

people.

------

I will be meeting with my pastor on April 30th and asking our church, or at least our contemporary worship service, to affiliate with TCPC. I would like to propose informational classes on the teachings of Jesus that help with daily living, that help us to live more abundantly than if we had not heard these lessons. Can you give me feedback on the list - adds/drops, revisions. I had this posted in another forum and October's Autumn and McKenna suggested I might get more responses here.

------

Don’t worry, and always pray for what you need

------

The only major difference I have is with "Don’t worry, and always pray for what you need". In my Church it is a mutual process, we pray for each other's needs. Perhaps it is just a matter of wording and what needs are being addressed? Otherwise, this is a good list.

The only major difference I have is with "Don’t worry, and always pray for what you need". In my Church it is a mutual process, we pray for each other's needs. Perhaps it is just a matter of wording and what needs are being addressed? Otherwise, this is a good list.

That's perfect! I will definitely edit. Having a group to work on this is perfect.

Thanks!

Archived