Gay Man's Ordination Restored In Pc(usa)

mystictrek

+ There has been a huge breakthrough in the Presbyterian Church (USA) which has closed the door of ordination to openly gays and lesbians in recent years. The Witherspoon Society offers "Openly gay theologian Paul Capetz restored to ministry of word and sacrament" by Doug King.

READ ARTICLE

love, john + www.abundancetrek.com & www.abundancetrek.com/blog + "The force of love is greater than the love of force.”

+ There has been a huge breakthrough in the Presbyterian Church (USA) which has closed the door of ordination to openly gays and lesbians in recent years. The Witherspoon Society offers "Openly gay theologian Paul Capetz restored to ministry of word and sacrament" by Doug King.

READ ARTICLE

love, john + www.abundancetrek.com & www.abundancetrek.com/blog + "The force of love is greater than the love of force.”

Thats great news! Thanks for sharing, John :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not in the know but what I do know is that denominations will do everything they can not to split because it is costly. They lose support of money. They are better off having some disagreements (agreeing to disagree) and staying together. One of the things I like about the UCC is that we are congregational so we have huge diversity. It helps protect the denomination from split while allowing people/groups to still express themselves honestly and openly.

Evidently this did not last very long. Can anyone "in the know" give an update? How about an opinion on a possible denominational split?

The recent GAPJC decisions have pretty much rendered this null, along with Larges in SF. Its unfortunate really.

As sad as I am about a possible split in my denomination, it seems that one outcome of folks leaving could be the sooner-rather-than-later ordination of our GLBT sisters and brothers.

Archived