Bishop Carlton Pearson

MOW

Hi Everyone

In one of the free newspapers here on the southside of Chicago, there's a brief interview with Bishop Carlton Pearson. For those of you that don't know, he was a former Pentacostal televangelist and preacher at the 5000 member Higher Dimensions Family Church in Tulsa Oklahoma. He was a protege of Oral Roberts and a fourth generation Pentacostal minister. At the height of his popularity ,he stopped believing in hell and the dualism of right and wrong and starting preaching that from his pulpit. He consequently lost his church and friends and pastors abandoned him.

The interviewer asked him what changed his belief. He said that it occured while watching television. He was feeding his daughter on his lap while watching mothers and their children in Rwanda who could not eat. He asked himself" why is my child eating and theirs cannot? He then questioned the purpose of God in this . He says God said to him" they're not going to hell they're already there . "

I won't go into all his theology now but it seems to be a kind of universalism . He's here in Chicago to speak at a Universalist Church , He's also written a book called The Gospel of Inclusion and is trying to make a movie about his life.

MOW

• 2 months later...
Bishop Pearson seems now to believe that hell only exists on earth ,by humans activities , and that all will be saved.

:rolleyes: Yes, I have found a similar transformation in my life as well. I used to hold very conservative, exclusivist beliefs about Christianity, but life experience, devotion to the Bible's wisdom and implications, as well as asking and seeking brought about a change in me. I simply consider myself a follower of Jesus's way or wisdom.

I agree with the Bishop, in that hell after life is merely a concept man has created. Hell instead is on earth in the here and now. We as people experience the results of our actions, thoughts, and intention which we project on the universe; Therefore, this creates hate, prejudice, fear, anger, ect.

He draws all things to his Oneness. It is not a question of who on this earth will be saved, it is a question of when will the evil within you be surrendered and the entirety of your being become pure light. It is only a matter of time.

B) Peace & Blessings, hope to hear other's opinions,

Socrates8

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your post they emanate the power of love expressed through everyone on earth so we may find God and meet Him face to face.

The beatitudes are found at Matthew 5: 3-12

Blessed are the poor in spirit,

for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,

for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,

for they shall possess the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for justice,

for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,

for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,

for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,

for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are they who suffer persecution for justice sake,

Thank you for your post they emanate the power of love expressed through everyone on earth so we may find God and meet Him face to face.

Blessed are the meek,

for they shall see God.

Yes Indeed. Very relevent and in the same spririt of truth that we are speaking. I have been repeating these constantly for the past 3 days while at work. Blessings, soma, thanks for the confirmation.

Socrates8 :)

Blessed are the meek,

for they shall see God.

Yes Indeed. Very relevent and in the same spririt of truth that we are speaking. I have been repeating these constantly for the past 3 days while at work. Blessings, soma, thanks for the confirmation.

Socrates8 :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think he was in an article in Newsweek (?) or maybe Psychology Today. It was about ministers who'd "lost their faith." Some had become atheists, others agnostics, some universalists, some progressives. It was fascinating how they went through the same process so many of us have gone through but because of their positions the consequences were great. Some had to keep doing their job because they had not training with any thing else. One became a UU because he could be an atheist/agnostic and still use his degree!

Archived