Higher Layers Of The Mind/ Developed Person

soma

Hi Jen:

Let's agree to disagree. We each have our own ways of reaching higher states of consciousness, with the desired result of "channeling" unique information sources and states of being. You have your unique methods, and I bless your use of them and the results of it all that you share with others, and the rest of us have ours.

I was trying to describe a personal method and set of experiences that may be unique to me. In today's society I believe that we all need to be very cautious about over medicating our senses and thought processes, especially so with prescribed pharmaceutical substances. If anything, regular use of these to alter one's natural mind functions in order to attain some generally accepted societal norm may become an insidious homogenizing and corrupting influence within communities.

You seem to know a lot about the currently known aspects of how one's brain operates, but of course that is not all there is to know. And I remember and understand how you have come to your opinions and beliefs. We humans are a diverse lot, at least genetically if nothing else.

We are entering an age where individual thought and action will usually take precedence over team approaches in the long run. That can only spring from an base of original thought and action, which of course is the rocky road to subjective experiences influencing objective outcomes. The results can be destructive or uplifting and inspirational. One could say that this an open invitation to bi-polar disorders and behaviors. But that's my feeble definition of what it means to function and contribute as a human being today and in the future. And I also believe that this was what was meant when our great teacher taught us that our way would be narrow and difficult.

As I said above, at least as caring individuals, we can agree to disagree. And I love my cuppa joe in the a.m. also.

flow.... ;)

The Christ-in-human-form does not snub God's generous gifts by seeking out ancient and basically worthless teachings about unity.

Our uniqueness must be respected that means ancient teachings and unity.

Live in Unity Ephesians 4:1-6

I, therefore, the prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live worthily of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you too were called to the one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

An open mind channels, Love

Archived