Progressive Christian Writers

McKenna

Hey guys!

Who do you draw inspiration from?

What are some of your favorite books?

I personally am a big fan of Borg ;) His Reading the Bible Again for the First Time opened my eyes to a whole new way of looking at Christianity (when I had formerly been VERY alienated by it)! :)

By the way, if you can't tell, I'm trying to get some new threads up here and there :) I love this forum and I hope we can get some more posts! So please reply! :)

Hey guys!

Who do you draw inspiration from?

What are some of your favorite books?

I personally am a big fan of Borg ;) His Reading the Bible Again for the First Time opened my eyes to a whole new way of looking at Christianity (when I had formerly been VERY alienated by it)! :)

By the way, if you can't tell, I'm trying to get some new threads up here and there :) I love this forum and I hope we can get some more posts! So please reply! :)

Try this one McKenna and tell me what you think.

http://home.fuse.net/mattioli/GodBook/index.html

Love and Peace,

JM

So far for me... Borg and Spong...

Although he is not considered to be Progressive... Brennan Manning was very instrumental in openning my heart and eyes...

Lion and Lamb was a powerful book.

Peace and Love

I still haven't gotten around to reading that Spong book I have...sigh. I'll get there eventually, I suppose!

Anybody like Crossan? I read one book of his. All I really remember about it is that he says a lot of the same things as Borg :)

Brennan Manning...I've never heard of him, I'll have to check that out!

:)

Archived