Congratulation To Progressive Christians

soma

I congratulate the progressive Christians on this site for overcoming the biggest obstacle to our individual progress, which is our slave like devotion to precedent. The way you overcame this long established habit of complying with other people's beliefs was to change your method of thinking. You were brave and had need, a willingness to consider the possibility that the beliefs you were following may not have reflected the whole truth. Many beliefs construct an experience of the universe that is narrow and not totally true because they are usually created in an environment of fear. Limits to our personal life block our direct experience and replaces what we experience directly with opinions, positions, judgments and prejudice. The knowledge to change the nature of our reality and ourselves can bring us either success or failure, but it can also enable us to do something towards restraining the uncivilized instincts in society. If we fail we can try again, it is better than doing nothing because we will succeed in life despite the dogma and institutions trying to block our natural understanding of life. When a person changes, the world changes so both change or neither changes because what a person does or does not do has an impact on the world and makes a difference. I pay salutations to all of you for regaining your naturalness and genius because that will bring meaningful change to the world and our minds so Truth can be experienced.

• 2 weeks later...

Well put Soma-Since I am in a community of fundamentalist believers and have been for a long time (55 years) it is very difficult to have any dialogue. I am not that articulate in my beliefs, I just know that the 8 progressive points are a great base for me. It is because of this site and the openness of the many people that post or have posted in the past that I find hope to move forward. I wonder how many people there are out their that lack the theological base and self image to really stand up for what you so nicely stated in your last post. thanks bob ve

Very eloquently put Soma. You are so focused and write so well that it is almost impossible to improve on what you have to say.

It is the interchange of dialogue on the Progressive Christianity site that has helped me grow. I join you with a big thank you to them.

BobD

Archived