Rescuing The Bible From Fundamentalism

The Jaded Fool

Hey all =)

I am sure that this book is old hat to many of you...

But I just started reading it... it is wonderful!!

Peace

Is that a Spong book? I haven't read it yet but I mean to (actually, I haven't read any Spong yet, though it's definitely among my plans for the summer ;)). Have you read Borg's Reading the Bible Again for the First Time? I found that an excellent overview of modern biblical scholarship and a great read. I think it's my favorite Borg book so far. :)

Hey McKenna,

Yes it is Spong... I havent read that Borg book... But I have read Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time... and I am reading it again...

I am really enjoying the Spong book... It actually makes me laugh at my old self... How I tried to convince people of the literalness of the bible... WOW I was a pompous a$$... lol

Peace & Love

Hey McKenna,

Yes it is Spong... I havent read that Borg book... But I have read Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time... and I am reading it again...

I am really enjoying the Spong book... It actually makes me laugh at my old self... How I tried to convince people of the literalness of the bible... WOW I was a pompous a$$... lol

Peace & Love

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I'll have to check it out. Would you recommend Meeting Jesus Again, too? :)