Is God's Mercy Everlasting?

jerryb

We really can't have it both ways,can we? Either we believe in a vengeful,get-even God,who is so angry with us because of our sin that He just can't wait to cast us into the fires of hell,or we believe in a God of infinte,enduring mercy,who just can't wait for us to become all we can be.

What are your thoughts on this?

Blessing to you,

Jerryb

We really can't have it both ways,can we? Either we believe in a vengeful,get-even God,who is so angry with us because of our sin that He just can't wait to cast us into the fires of hell,or we believe in a God of infinte,enduring mercy,who just can't wait for us to become all we can be.

What are your thoughts on this?

Blessing to you,

Jerryb

Jerry,

In effect I think that WE can have it both ways. In my understanding the "Divinity" is Infinite Mercy, yet until we experience and live within grace we will experience the "judgement" and "wrath" in some way. For me, in this world, or any other world, Grace remains effective and operative. From our own experience, as St Augustine has said, "our hearts remain restless until they find their rest in Thee".................even allowing for "free will", the only point at which we can find and come to final "rest" is within the mercy and grace of Reality-as-is. With all of eternity in which to work, the only ultimate consumation is a universe "loved by and in love with God" which would embrace ALL.

For me the "Divinity" knows no "wrath", "judgement", and has no desire for "vengence".

Archived