I'm Back!

BrotherRog

Greetings! After a hiatus of 1 and 1/2 years, I'm finally back on this forum. I maintained my membership but, due to a move, family stresses (including a divorce), and somehow forgetting my password (!), I haven't been active here for a good while.

To catch y'all up: I'm a United Methodist pastor who is now serving as the director of a campus ministry in Boulder, CO. I was quite active here in the past (having posted some 358 postings), and am looking forward to getting back on board with everyone.

I hope this Advent and Christmas season is a meaningful one for all of you. : )

In Pax Christi (not Pax Americana),

BrotherRog

Yay!!! Glad you're back! Sorry for your troubles. I'll look forward to "talking " to you!

Hey there! Yeah, well, the troubles are now largely in the past. My ex and I were married for 10 years and had 5 years of counseling during that time and we really did try hard to make it work. We came to the notion of splitting mutually and, though it's bittersweet, we viewed it as a gift to each other. We both love and respect the other and we want each other to be happy and it's clear that we're happier apart than in marriage. Things never got very acrimonious and rarely did we raise our voices and we're both friends now and doing a fine job with raising our little boy who, so far, seems to be thriving in all areas of life. I've actually felt a bit of a resurrection type experience through all of this. And, I'm clearly feeling God's grace in some amazing and tangible ways. : )

Good to hear! Imagine people being adults and paying the most attention to their child!!! Kudos to you both! It is amazing how sometimes being unmarried can save the relationship :>. So glad things have worked out well for you and that God is visible!

Hi Brother:

I came into the forum about the time you left. Your breakup sounds a lot like my second. Yeah...a two time loser. I too am happier single and communicating with the spirit world of G-d in better ways.

Hope we cross words here and there. Welcome back.

flow.... :)

Welcome back, BroRog. I'm not sure if you would remember me as I've never been a prolific poster here, but I remember you. It's good to read you again.

Sorry to hear that you've experienced such upheaval in your life. I can seriously relate to this, as I've been dealing with my own version of much of the same over this past year. It's been good to get some stability and order back into my life recently. I find it helpful to remeber that all will be well, and all manner of things will be well-- as was once wisely said.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived