Post Canonical Guidance

tariki

Hi Joseph.

I think we might be saying something similar, but I'm not sure.

What I've experienced is an inner knowing or realization of something, and then, over time that idea will pop up in books, on websites - out of nowhere. I won't be looking for confirmation of my experience or insight, and then - "wham" - there it is.

Perhaps I'm just looking for synchronicities subconciously. I'm willing to consider that. But even my husband, relatively agnostic, will go "Wow" at the synchronicities from time to time.

Thanks for the clarification Kay,

I believe we are on track since your true realization is inner. The confirmation outside is mostly to satisfy the longings of the mind. If it were not confirmed outside it would still be true.

Love in Christ,

JM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the fact that I am finding so much conversation on spiritual practices on this forum. I wouldn't want to see Progressive Christianity become secularized and solely concerned with political and social action. If we can't keep a balance between outer and inner work, we won't last.

I'm just getting into Centering Prayer and recently bought a CD by Keating on it.

And for me that may be the simplest, and the most challenging point to this whole conversation. A Christian who doesn't follow Christ, who doesn't live out Christ . . . well, it doesn't matter how knowledgeable s/he may be about Bible, theology or any of the rest.

Living in Christ and living out Christ. Exactly. I want to be covered in the dust of my rabbi. ;)

Archived