Newbie Getting Big Toe Wet

Jeannot

I'm here by courtesy of Aletheia. :) She and I are members of Theology Web, where we tend to share the same general outlook, which, I suppose, is more liberal than fundamentalist.

Paradoxically, tho, when I go to church I go to an Evangelical one. Why? Because one of my sons is a preacher there--and a darned good one.

Myself, I was raised RC, and had an almost exclusively RC education.

Welcome to the board John! It's a great group here, if quiet.

I was going to ask you if you still attended RC Mass, but you answered that question already. :lol: Do you ever attend Mass? Do you still consider yourself Catholic?

I'm looking forward to your input here. You already know that I think your posts at Tweb are inspired.

Guest wayfarer2k
I'm here by courtesy of Aletheia.  :) She and I are members of Theology Web, where we tend to share the same general outlook, which, I suppose, is more liberal than fundamentalist.

Paradoxically, tho, when I go to church I go to an Evangelical one.  Why?  Because one of my sons is a preacher there--and a darned good one.

Welcome, John! Glad you're here!

PS - I'm the "not so quiet" one. :)

We look forward to your participation in this community.

wayfarer

I'm here by courtesy of Aletheia.  :) She and I are members of Theology Web, where we tend to share the same general outlook, which, I suppose, is more liberal than fundamentalist.

Paradoxically, tho, when I go to church I go to an Evangelical one.  Why?  Because one of my sons is a preacher there--and a darned good one.

Welcome, John! Glad you're here!

PS - I'm the "not so quiet" one. :)

We look forward to your participation in this community.

wayfarer

Thanks, Wayfarer.

John, Welcome to the group.

Newbies are always welcome.

I thought your observations on the meaning of the cross were very well written and meaningful, but my personal opinion is that the meaning goes much deeper and more profound than we see on the surface of things.

I'll save further comments for another time. Anyway, have a good time and it's not always so quiet here. Around the holidays we got downright noisy.

flow.... :)

John, Welcome to the group.

Newbies are always welcome.

I thought your observations on the meaning of the cross were very well written and meaningful, but my personal opinion is that the meaning goes much deeper and more profound than we see on the surface of things.

I'll save further comments for another time. Anyway, have a good time and it's not always so quiet here. Around the holidays we got downright noisy.

flow.... :)

Thanks, Flowperson. I look forward to your comments.