Progressive Televangelist

I would love to see someone like Jim Wallis with his own weekly TV show.  I know there is a radio show in the works, but it's in the very beginning stages.

Anyone know of any rational Christian voices in TV/Radio?

Thanks.

Wayne Dyer is certainly not an orthodox or official Christian but his appearances on PBS from time to time are quite inspiring. His latest is called INSPIRATIONS. It's a book, too and a DVD available only through PBS stations for now (I think).

Any Dyer books or tapes are worth purchasing or borrowing IMO.

I would love to see someone like Jim Wallis with his own weekly TV show.  I know there is a radio show in the works, but it's in the very beginning stages.

Thanks.

Wayne Dyer is certainly not an orthodox or official Christian but his appearances on PBS from time to time are quite inspiring. His latest is called INSPIRATIONS. It's a book, too and a DVD available only through PBS stations for now (I think).

Any Dyer books or tapes are worth purchasing or borrowing IMO.

Hi Mystic,

Wayne Dyer has absolutely helped revolutionize my spiritual life. I have most of his books and tapes, and just saw the last few minutes of his PBS appearance last night....it was awesome,especially the part with his 90 year old mother.

Blessings to you,

Jerry B

• 2 months later...

Thanks.

Closest thing I can think of to a Progressive televangelist is Al Franken! :P In his last book (the tiltle escapes me just now), there was a powerful piece of satire on the "SupplySide Jesus" that would have had Jesus and the OT prophets cheering him on, pounding the table and each other, with tears in their eyes from laughter!

Jim Wallis would be a good one for a regular program along the lines of a progressive 700 Club. It could have a panel of co-hosts: Rev. Barry Lynn of the Americans United for Separation of Church and State, Rabbi Michael Lerner of Tikkun magazine and the book, The Left Hand of God, with Marcus Borg, John Dominic Crossan, and Bishop Spong as frequent guests. :)

A great choice for televangelist to worship with and to hear preach would have been William Sloane Coffin. Too bad. :(

It's not really a "televangelist" show, but I really like Rev. Welton Gaddy's "State of Belief" on AAR.

Cool! The head of Interfaith Alliance? Right on!

(What's AAR? My ignorance is showing!) :blink:

AAR=Air America Radio. I think it's on Sundays at 5 (you can listen to it online at www.airamericaradio.com), plus they podcast their archives.

Air America is one of the progressive political radio groups that have been popping up the last few years. I believe that it features Al Franken and others who see their mission in life as to oppose the powers that be. It's not available where I llive, but they are doing a good job of stirring the pot from what I read and hear.

flow.... B)

Air America is one of the progressive political radio groups that have been popping up the last few years. I believe that it features Al Franken and others who see their mission in life as to oppose the powers that be. It's not available where I llive, but they are doing a good job of stirring the pot from what I read and hear.

flow.... B)

Duh! I shoulda guessed! :wacko: