Happy Birthday Mozart

MOW

This year marks the 250th anniversary of Mozart's birth.

Ramsey Lewis, the jazz pianist, said in an article that he was assigned Mozart's pieces when he was young . He thought, while playing them, " that's nice but is that all there is to it".

Now that he is older ,he says he appreciates them so much more.

Most of my piano students, who are preteens, refuse to play Mozart. They regard him as "soft" or "weak" and prefer Bach, Beethoven, or Chopin for their classical assignments. I guess they will have to get to older to appreciate him.

Anyway "Happy Birthday Wolfgang"

MOW

This year marks the 250th anniversary of Mozart's birth.

Ramsey Lewis, the jazz pianist, said in an article that  he was assigned Mozart's pieces when he was young . He thought, while playing them,  " that's nice but is that all there is to it".

Now that he is older ,he says he appreciates them so much more.

Most of my piano students, who are preteens, refuse to play Mozart. They regard him as "soft" or "weak" and prefer Bach, Beethoven, or Chopin for their classical assignments. I guess they will have to get to older to appreciate him.

Anyway "Happy Birthday Wolfgang"

MOW

I knew that if anyone beat me to this birthday wish today after thinking about posting it all day at work, it would be you MOW. Thank you.

And Amadeus, G-d loves you for all of the unparalleled joy that you have brought to us mere humans over the past 250 years, and I do not give a darn what mean old Italian aristocrats may have said about you back in the day.

flow.... :D