Jesus Aeon

gnosticmary

Greetings all.

I just joined TCPC and thought there might be others here who have also encountered the illogic and irrationality that has imprisoned many professed followers of Jesus.

Here is a glimpse at what is going on not only in Christianity and other world religions, but also in all earthly passions clung to by man...

Every human being possesses an individual magnetic radiation field (aura), which is populated by that person’s thoughts and desires, colored by the quality and nature of the thought and desire that fills it, and this personal field, being magnetic, both attracts and repels certain powers and forces from the surrounding planetary aura. This is the nature of the human microcosm: man is an electromagnetic being.

When a person reacts upon an impulse or idea, the result of such a reaction - be it a thought, a wish, a fear, an expression of jealousy or ire, etc. - lingers in the creator's immediate atmosphere and possesses a potency and longevity that is directly proportional to the measure or intensity of the reaction. If this reaction is repeated, the force radiated by it is strengthened, ad infinitum.

Collectively, mankind constitutes a much larger thinking-desiring organism, and the sum total of the thoughts and desires in the auras of all the people that together make up mankind, interpenetrate and form what might be termed a 'radiation cloud' around the planet. This cloud is replete with the results of all human thinking, feeling and desiring, not only from causes created in the present but also from the past, for thought and astral energy creates certain elemental forms that can and do survive their creator in the flesh. There is, then, clearly an interaction between human microcosms and the planetary atmosphere; the human microcosms contribute toward the quality of subtle substance of the planetary aura in the form of mental, astral and etheric matter. In the beginning phase of man's microcosmic descent, or 'Fall from Grace' (the Garden of Eden days) the psychic atmosphere of this world was still virginal, void of these human emanations. However, with the passage of time they came into manifestation and are forever being strengthened by mankind's incessant ignorant and selfish activity.

Now what happens when many hundreds, sometimes many thousands, or even, over time, billions of people continuously project similar selfish or fear-based thoughts and desires (which include religious desires for personal salvation, personal empowerment, personal happiness, etc.)? Just think of the selfish prayers repeated endlessly in the churches; the wild enthusiasm of the crowds at football games; the mass outbursts of passion during blood-stirring political demonstrations or evangelistic speeches; the daily repeated negative suggestions in the media that are supposedly formulated in order to enlighten the masses and the millions of people who are all tuned in to the same violent TV programs simultaneously!

Like attracts like, and the corresponding vibrations thus launched into the atmosphere coalesce to form one great cloud of unwholesome energy. It is an elementary esoteric fact that when, over time, many people fix their minds upon one idea, a mighty astral image of that idea develops. The astral world possesses specific possibilities of reflection. So when the minds of many of us are continually fixed upon one and the same idea, then we shall discover that at a given moment a huge astral image has been generated, which is becoming clear and well-defined, and with which we are connected and in communication because we created it ourselves. It is thus that a collective spirit, a collective idea, a collective thought-form or a collective image is created and continuously fed by people of similar disposition and/or belief.

Over centuries such an image can and does become so fortified that it acquires consciousness and becomes an intelligent, self-directing being; a huge, living, feeding elemental being that has an agenda: namely to perpetuate and fortify its own existence and nature. This it proceeds to do by inciting mankind, via mental and astral impression, to continue producing ethers of a like quality on which it can feed, on which it can grow. At first it is an image 'with dead eyes', but the moment comes when this image gains life and begins to hunger for more of the peculiar type of energy that spawned it. This is when it starts actually dominating us, when certain powers radiate from it and when it is even capable of attracting all kinds of undivine forces and of pouring these down onto the people. This is the way in which pseudo-religious beings (false gods) come into being. Such gigantic elemental beings can be and are utilized by the 'archons': entities residing in the subtle worlds who, with selfish and malefic intent, control and manipulate the mass-consciousness of humanity on earth by way of the images that man himself created.

This fact is explained in the metaphysical literature of all times. These elemental beings are sometimes called 'aeons', and they group themselves into different aspects. If, for example, a person wishes for financial wealth and radiates this desire into the atmosphere by means of his auric field, then this radiation will unite with the corresponding radiations of all other people in the world who want to be wealthy. In this way, an increasingly powerful aeon of wealth develops in the atmosphere, and will then naturally endeavor to influence all humanity continually. There are many kinds of aeons, and the religious type is particularly large, powerful and inimical because it bestows upon its servants both psychic stimulation (which may lead to astral visions that are quite convincing to the uninitiated) as well as a sense of being a part of something larger and more important than the individual. There was an aeon behind the Roman Catholic Inquisition, the Crusades, the witch-burnings and all the other atrocities perpetrated by the Church in the name of Jesus!

And today the Jesus-aeon is still very much alive and active within the consciousness of all people who cling selfishly to the Jesus-image for their own 'safety' and personal salvation. It is wholly invested in maintaining itself and in augmenting its temporal power and influence in this world by inciting religious fundamentalists to attack or defend on behalf of the Jesus-idea, on behalf, therefore, of separation, ignorance and selfishness.

So should we be surprised when the fundamentalists cry 'heathen' or 'fear monger' when such facts are revealed in order to help them to understand and to free themselves of detrimental aeonic influence? Of course not, for the servant (or puppet) of the aeons means life-insurance for them, and so when the very foundation of the counterfeit life of the aeons is threatened by way of revealing the truth (together with the peculiar attitudes and belief systems it promotes within the consciousness of its human subordinates), fear will naturally arise, and most often it is projected directly onto the messenger who is only holding up a mirror by being simply true. This explains the great hatred (fear) of Jesus that led to his crucifixion, a hatred and fear that has not abated in this world today and which is galvanized far beyond its natural human range by the hidden forces of darkness, by the aeons and their controlling archons, of which the uninitiated man understands very little if anything at all and so is why he can be duped, even and often under religious pretences!

Essentially, any man who cleaves to Jesus for personal reasons will automatically be hooked up to the 2,000 year-old now powerful and hungry Jesus-aeon by way of his own quality of thought and desire, while the one who reveres Jesus for his life-demonstration in humble devotion to the universal PRINCIPLE that he exemplified will transcend the need to identify with the Jesus-personality altogether and evoke a response from the formless Divinity (Christ) Itself. And this is the beginning of the path that leads to Deliverance...

In the spirit of full disclosure, I confess my first impulse was to shout "New Age Quack!" But upon closer inspection, I think there's actually quite a bit of worthwhile stuff in here. For one thing, it strikes me as being rather heavily influenced by the views of Rudolf Steiner and anthroposophy, which I admit to having a bizarre fascination with -- despite the fact that I try not to take them too literally. Even there, I don't have any objection in principle to auras, even planetary ones -- though it must be kept in mind that there's nothing any more spiritual about auras than there is about bodies, or about magnetic fields than about biochemistry. That to say -- taken literally -- ideas like the "crystallization" of physical matter and life out of the etheric realm, and the existence of actual, elemental, conscious thinking-feeling organisms "out there," feeding vampirically off our emotions and thoughts, would still be scientific theories (not philosophical or theological ones) and subject to the usual means of verification.

But if we allow these ideas a bit more archetypal and symbolic value -- that is, allow them the freedom to be illustrations of eternal realities, expressed a bit awkwardly in physical forms as objects of contemplation, which was the way Steiner himself intended them -- then they have enormous transformative value. The reference to "aeons" is clearly gnostic, and points us in the direction of forms and structures of thought that are universal in scope, i.e. transcending physicality altogether, biochemical, magnetic, or otherwise -- principalities and powers, as it were. These aren't "beings" in the ordinary sense, that we interact with in the causal flux of time and space, but archetypal realities that we "plug into," and that influence or define us to some degree. (Jung et al.) These elementals can and do become incarnate in individuals and structures of society, as you have said -- and having done so, tend to see to their continued existence by means of social manipulation. The proliferation of individualism, consumerism, and greed, is undoubtedly magnified by the complete inundation of technological gadgets into our everyday lives.

The point about cleaving to Jesus as personality and/or for personal reasons vs. cleaving to Jesus as universal principle is dead on target.

Thanks for posting, and welcome aboard. :D

gm ( I just had to do that ):

To paraphrase General Bullmoose, is what's good for gm good for the USA ?.

I like Fred would agree conceptually with alot of what you have to say, and welcome the opportunity to read it here. But I also agree with him the we are looking at a soupy boundary zone in these matters that divides science and religion, but that all is getting soupier each day, and I for one believe that that is a good thing.

Yes, the universe is a complex amalgam of electromagnetic and electrochemical manifestations, and I have no doubt that we and they continually effect phase changes and transformations upon each other. But, as I have noted elsewhere here I would tend to discuss such phenomena in terms related to complex systems theory and quantum uncertainty.

And yes, the example of Jesus to be admired and followed is the one of humble service, and in my mind awesome magic !

Welcome !

flow.... :)

Great topic!

I probably agree with the views of gnosticmary more than the average TCPC member as I subscribe hook, line and sinker to the perennial philosophy approach of thinkers like Alan Watts and Aldous Huxley. I have found that one of the greatest Christian movements displaying PP characteristics is:

THE RESEARCHERS OF TRUTH > http://researchers-of-truth.org

The man who started this movemnt is called Daskalos. He was a great teacher and healer on Cyprus. His teachings gained some popularity on this side of the pond because of the semi-fictional trilogy written by a Cypriot-American professor at U of Maine named Kyriacos Markides > http://www.ume.maine.edu/~SOC/markides.html

love,

mt

I probably agree with the views of  gnosticmary more than the average TCPC member as I subscribe hook, line and sinker to the perennial philosophy approach of thinkers like Alan Watts and Aldous Huxley.

Classic perennialism, especially of the eastern variety embraced by Watts, never tried to spell out the world of forms in pseudo-physical terms like etheric realms, astral bodies, electromagnetic fields, and so on. Yes, the realms of forms "make" the realms of manifestation what they are; but the two aren't thereby collapsed into one. Neo-gnostic and New Age systems seem to do this; but it's clear that, among ancient gnostics, for example, some took the mythologies literally, while others did not. As far as I'm concerned, to take these descriptions too literally is to make the same mistake Christians make when they take the Bible too literally -- the realms of universals and particulars are confused and collapsed, and the point is missed.

Gnostic and even some New Age terminology systems contain some very penetrating metaphysical insights, when approached in an allegorical sense; but again, taking them literally is the shortest possible route to lots of confusion IMO.

But, as I have noted elsewhere here I would tend to discuss such phenomena in terms related to complex systems theory and quantum uncertainty.

Yes -- in fact, when I hear the more allegorically stated notion of a "planetary aura," or a collective spirit, idea, thought-form, etc., feeding off our thoughts and emotions, I immediately think of self-replicating or autopoietic systems in chemistry, biology (broadly), neuroscience (specifically), sociology, and so on -- and how similar logical, mathematical, and algorithmic structures have been discovered across these domains. What Platonism -- Perennialism's granddaddy in the West -- asserts, however, is that these patterns and structures are not by-products of physical processes, but rather independent and ontologically prior to them. They have real ontological existence. Roger Penrose would be a high-profile example of a modern physicist and mathematician who holds this view.

Alright, that's enough for today!

I probably agree with the views of  gnosticmary more than the average TCPC member as I subscribe hook, line and sinker to the perennial philosophy approach of thinkers like Alan Watts and Aldous Huxley.

Classic perennialism, especially of the eastern variety embraced by Watts, never tried to spell out the world of forms in pseudo-physical terms like etheric realms, astral bodies, electromagnetic fields, and so on. Yes, the realms of forms "make" the realms of manifestation what they are; but the two aren't thereby collapsed into one. Neo-gnostic and New Age systems seem to do this; but it's clear that, among ancient gnostics, for example, some took the mythologies literally, while others did not. As far as I'm concerned, to take these descriptions too literally is to make the same mistake Christians make when they take the Bible too literally -- the realms of universals and particulars are confused and collapsed, and the point is missed.

Gnostic and even some New Age terminology systems contain some very penetrating metaphysical insights, when approached in an allegorical sense; but again, taking them literally is the shortest possible route to lots of confusion IMO.

Oh, the mysteries! I have experiences in my life which make me believe that at least some if not all of the gnostic models may be, at some level, a reality of the universe ... but who knows?

Watts did indeed turn to Zen Buddhism in the end but in his earlier days when he was a Christian or possibly as he was slowly departing from his life as an Episcopal priest he wrote a book called THE MYTH AND RITUAL OF CHRISTIANITY which includes an elaborate description of beliefs which could be described as Gnostic or Mystical or Esoteric.

The point is that the perennial philosophy is the basis of *all* wisdom traditions including elaborate systems like Esoteric Christianity and simple or even empty systems like Taoism and Zen Buddhism.

I'm glad Fred made some clarification about perrenialism though.

I consider myself a perennialist, mystical, esoteric, etc ... but I don't find any of my views expressed in the opening post. I could perhaps call myself a pluralist, or perhaps a inclusivist, and even a universalist.

Different terms mean different things to different people. Thats what make conversations challenging (and usually fun)!

I just noticed how I spelled perennialist. Sheesh my spelling sucks lately. I'm going to blame it on the Topamax. :rolleyes:

I'm definitely a garden perennialist as well. Whatever grows from year to year is my garden. :lol: Actually, I did plant a lot of perennial grasses last spring. No annuals.

I believe that my first post was in response to your topamax plea last summer. How's that all going  anyhow ?

flow.... :)

I've been on a very low dose since Jan 1. I think it's helping. I've had a couple of "migraine warning symptoms" over the past few days, but not bad ones.

Two possible side effects are "word finding" issues and memory issues. Generally, those only happen at higher doses, so I doubt it's the drug doing this to me. But hey, it's a convenient excuse. :rolleyes:

Edited by AletheiaRivers