Soul Work 101

jerryb

Nietzsche said bluntly," His disciples will have to look more saved if I am to believe in their Savior."

Depak Chopra writes..."The purpose of the soul is to eliminate suffering." WOW!..

is that really possible? Is it even 'remotely' possible, that by doing our own 'individual' soul-work, we actually could remove suffering from this world of ours? What say you?

Jerryb

Nietzsche said bluntly," His disciples will have to look more saved if I am to believe in their Savior."

Depak Chopra writes..."The purpose of the soul is to eliminate suffering." WOW!..

is that really possible? Is it even 'remotely' possible, that by doing our own 'individual' soul-work, we actually could remove suffering from this world of ours? What say you?

Jerryb

And...from Neale Walsch's book Tomorrow's God......"Humanity is about to create a new form of spirituality. This New Spirituality will allow humans to express their natural impulse toward the Divine without making one another wrong....and without killing one another in the name of it. When the New Spirituality is embraced by humanity, it will, of course, change everything. And that is exactly what is needed NOW."(capitals mine)

Jerry

It's more than remotely possible -- I think doing our own individual soul work is exactly what removes the suffering in the world -- the subset of suffering that is caused by ego and power drives anyway. There is a direct correspondence between harmony in the soul and harmony in the world, as Plato argued so expertly long ago. (The exact details of his harmony in the state were somewhat rigid and elitist, but the observation can be appreciated nonetheless.) Changing policies and procedures in society doesn't accomplish a whit, if the individuals that comprise it are all still running around like big bottomless egos.

It's more than remotely possible -- I think doing our own individual soul work is exactly what removes the suffering in the world -- the subset of suffering that is caused by ego and power drives anyway.  There is a direct correspondence between harmony in the soul and harmony in the world, as Plato argued so expertly long ago.  (The exact details of his harmony in the state were somewhat rigid and elitist, but the observation can be appreciated nonetheless.)  Changing policies and procedures in society doesn't accomplish a whit, if the individuals that comprise it are all still running around like big bottomless egos.

Hi Fred.....I like what you said about our 'bottomless egos' I'm afraid I've been guilty of that a few times in my life....like 7 zillion times!

Neal Walsh says.."Look around you...you like what you see?" My answer to him is No....I don't like what I see around me,or INSIDE me. That is why I'm commit4ed to doing a better job in soul work 101 this New Year.

Thanks Fred

Jerry