Prayer....miracle Or Mirage?

jerryb

Is it really worth the time and effort we put into praying? Do you believe that prayer begins at the virtual level...then enters the quantum level,and finally manifest into the material world?

Looking forward to your thoughts.....

Jerryb

JB

A big fat YES to all that you said!! At least it's the process I visualize quite often.

flow.... :rolleyes:

Do you believe that prayer begins at the virtual level...then enters the quantum level,and finally manifest into the material world?

Jerryb

As someone whose undergraduate degree was in physics and got the highest grade in the class at quantum mechanics, I'm curious where such a world view as this comes from. Why would anyone see the quantum world as different from the material world?

Does a prayer begin in the mind, the brain or when spoken, orally or subvocally? I don't know. I would think God knows unspoken thoughts, but maybe it matters to make the actual committment involved in saying something. Is the power in the prayer or is it in God, with the prayer just being a signpost? What is the path of communication between my mind and/or brain and God. Is there one, or does God living in us represent that there is no separation between the mind of God and my mind apart from something imaginary? I don't see much hope of getting a definitive answer to such questions.

I learned to pray effectively in Al-Anon. I was skeptical of the place that prayer had in the 12 steps, but had many amazing moments with prayer while doing the steps, such as asking for a longstanding resentment to be removed from me, and suddenly it was. Atheists would label that something else. I myself am unconvinced that physical miracles ever happen. But I'm sure that prayer has some benefit, even if it's just for me to lower my resistance to something God wants to do.

Do you believe that prayer begins at the virtual level...then enters the quantum level,and finally manifest into the material world?

Jerryb

As someone whose undergraduate degree was in physics and got the highest grade in the class at quantum mechanics, I'm curious where such a world view as this comes from. Why would anyone see the quantum world as different from the material world?

Does a prayer begin in the mind, the brain or when spoken, orally or subvocally? I don't know. I would think God knows unspoken thoughts, but maybe it matters to make the actual committment involved in saying something. Is the power in the prayer or is it in God, with the prayer just being a signpost? What is the path of communication between my mind and/or brain and God. Is there one, or does God living in us represent that there is no separation between the mind of God and my mind apart from something imaginary? I don't see much hope of getting a definitive answer to such questions.

I learned to pray effectively in Al-Anon. I was skeptical of the place that prayer had in the 12 steps, but had many amazing moments with prayer while doing the steps, such as asking for a longstanding resentment to be removed from me, and suddenly it was. Atheists would label that something else. I myself am unconvinced that physical miracles ever happen. But I'm sure that prayer has some benefit, even if it's just for me to lower my resistance to something God wants to do.

Hi David

GREAT POST!

I especially liked the part that says(What is the path of communication between my mind and/or brain and God.Is there one,or does God living in us represent that THERE IS NO SEPARATION between the mind of God and my mind apart from something IMAGINARY?) A resounding YES!

I truly believe that the biggest lie ever told is that we are somehow SEPARATE from God,and each other for that matter.

This comes back to what I said the other day on another post about us being co-creators with God. If you take that idea to it's logical conclusion...maybe we can help answer our own prayers.

We really have no idea how powerful we are as spiritual beings, because the organized church has sold us the bill of goods that says..."I am a poor wretced sinner, who deserves to die."

Some wise man I read recently wrote..."IF WE COULD SEE OURSELVES AS GOD SEES US...IT WOULD TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY".

Blessings my friend,

Jerryb