Go White Sox

MOW

I remember back in the day when they were in it, but then I was a Cubs fan. Back then one didn't root for the other team. You didn't ever cross that team line even under dire circumstances, or you risked ostracism by your dearest peers.

Really, I pretty much stopped watching baseball at all in '94 when they started paying .210 hitters who kicked the ball around the infield while playing 2nd base $5million a year. I figured it probably wasn't worth my time or attention. However I'll still watch a series game now and then, and certainly will if the Sox do well. Best of fortune to your team MOW.

flow.... :)

I am a Cubs fan. I'm like that guy in the Old Style commercial who painted his house Cubbie Blue.

BUT- on this occasion I will root 100% for the South Side team.

The only thing that will make their WS win better is to follow it up with a Cubs WS win next year :)

I was 5 years old and living in metro Detroit when Sparky Anderson's Tigers won the world series in 1984 - so this is my first White Sox event!

Gee, I always liked the Cubs better, however, I doubt you could have called me a serious fan. I just liked the idea of rooting for a team that never ever won. Then they started winning and it ruined everything. ;-)

--des

I sure hope the White Sox win the WS. I was a White Sox fan in the late 50s when the Go-Go Sox were the only AL team which even came close to challenging the Yankees. I really liked Luis Aparicio. I lived in Hyde Park for a couple of years in the 80s and got to go to the old Comiskey Park. The organist was great. Nobody wanted to please the fans more than Bill Veeck. It was a lot of fun. I got to the South Side too late to go to the Disco Sucks rally!

I'm a Red Sox fan having lived in Massachusetts for about a decade total. New England waited 86 years for a WS win. Chicagoland shoudn't have to wait any longer. 88 years is a long time to wait!

I love Baseball. The Sunday night game was simply marvellous with a dramatic grand slam allowing the Sox to get ahead. Then the Astros tying it up in the 9th. And then that walk off homer by somebody who rarely hits a homer. WOW!

This is such a great World Series no matter who wins. It would be Houston's first ever and Chicago's first in 88 years. That's good for Baseball. And neither team got there because of steroids!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH !!!!!!!!!

World Champs!!!!!!

MOW

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH indeed MOW. In case you're wondering, that was the Howard Dean Cheer.

Even as a FORMER Cubs and baseball fan, my heart swells with joy at this wonderful championship for the SOX. Congratulations!!!!!

flow.... :D

I heard a very neat little interview on the News Hour on PBS (is that McNeill or Leher or McLeher??). It was fun listenign to the difference between Cubs fans and White Sox fans, btw. I don't think I really qualify as either, but was a north sider.

Anyway, I agree on the beer and pizza all around. I can't even find any good pizza here to celebrate. :-}

--des

Uh, I was hoping to stay a little closer to home and have no immediate plans to go to Nevada anytime soon. Actually there is an area that is not that far which is inhabited by a large no. of New Yorkers, so there is very good thin crust pizza. It was one of those "attract the seniors to sunshine and good weather". Many NY bought in sight unseen. Unfortunately though it is usually sunny, the area they bought into is dusty and desolate. At least there is a big Intel factory.

--des