Christian Mysticism

• 3 weeks later...
Mystictrek, That is a great website you have.  YOU have put a lot of energy into it so it will be fun to explore. Thanks for helping to make Christianity all inclusive instead of exclusive.

Thank you so much. It's a big part of my vocation right now since I have retired from pastoring congregations.

MT,

I noticed your "Norwegian imigration collage" tribute to your grandparents. Pretty cool. My great grandparents imigrated from Norway. In fact, until my grandfather was born in the USA, the family continued the tradition of changing their last name with each generation. I'm grateful that they stopped this when my grandfather was born (he was "son of Carl"), otherwise my father would have been "son of Reginald." I don't think I could have handled growing up with the last name Reginaldson. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
MT,

I noticed your "Norwegian imigration collage" tribute to your grandparents. Pretty cool. My great grandparents imigrated from Norway. In fact, until my grandfather was born in the USA, the family continued the tradition of changing their last name with each generation. I'm grateful that they stopped this when my grandfather was born (he was "son of Carl"), otherwise my father would have been "son of Reginald." I don't think I could have handled growing up with the last name Reginaldson.  :lol:

My grandfather was named Samuel Waldemar Samuelsen. He came to NYC in 1901 and changed his name to Samuel Waldemar so we have a similar story!

John - wow... I am awed by your website.  It's always so exciting and hopeful to find people who see the world somewhat like I do...  glad you're here.  I look forward to exploring my newest "favorite list" link! :P

Thank you so much. This is a big part of my vocation these days and I am glad when it is working for somebody.

• 5 years later...