Wind Turbines

loveapple

I haven't ever been around them, but I do find their appearance to me majestic in some ways.

Out here in the great SW desert in the USA we're just getting started on large-scale solar power farms. These two kinds of renewable energy trends will do nothing but good in the long-range to wean humans from addictive and increasingly destructive usage of fossil fuel energy sources.

You should always do what your heart tells you is the right thing to do. In the long term your neighbors will understand the good sense of wind power.

flow.... :)

I haven't ever been around them, but I do find their appearance to me majestic in some ways.

Out here in the great SW desert in the USA we're just getting started on large-scale solar power farms. These two kinds of renewable energy trends will do nothing but good in the long-range to wean humans from addictive and increasingly destructive usage of fossil fuel energy sources.

You should always do what your heart tells you is the right thing to do. In the long term your neighbors will understand the good sense of wind power.

flow.... :)

In the UK you would not be able to get planning permission to erect them if your neighbours objected.

Like Flow, I live in the desert Southwest. We have "farms" of wind turbines.

There is a lot of popular support. Also lots of houses have solar panels, and

someday I might get passive solar panels (don't store any heat-- the other

kind are prohibitively expensive, imo). (Of course, next year I have to replace

my swamp cooler--which is a kind of air conditioner that cools the house with a

big fan running over a giant sponge-- this would NOT work in Missouri!!)

I am all for any alternative energy, but dont' think of them as esp. good looking.

But not bad looking either. The old style wind mills are rather quaint.

ttp://www.sandia.gov/news-center/news-releases/2003/renew-energy-batt/wind-turbines.html

There are several different designs and NASA is working on it.

--des