Ted Michael Morgan

The Disciples of Christ defines my immediate church background, though the independent Christian Churches shaped my childhood. At 15-years-old, my family became involved in the denomination of my father’s youth—the Disciples of Christ. As an adult, I have taken part in the congregational life of Presbyterian, United Church of Christ, and Disciples congregations. Catholicism intrigued me for a long time.

I took my major in religion at university. I was not much of a student. I briefly attended Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis, Indiana.

I will include a longer description later. I have written too many of them to replicate the effort tonight.

I envy those who have the linguistic and intellectual skills to do serious theological work and biblical study. Of course, not having those skills has saved me an immense amount of work.

Edited by Ted Michael Morgan

The Disciples of Christ defines my immediate church background, though the independent Christian Churches shaped my childhood. At 15-years-old, my family became involved in the denomination of my father’s youth—the Disciples of Christ. As an adult, I have taken part in the congregational life of Presbyterian, United Church of Christ, and Disciples congregations. Catholicism intrigued me for a long time.

I took my major in religion at university. I was not much of a student. I briefly attended Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis, Indiana.

I will include a longer description later. I have written too many of them to replicate the effort tonight.

I envy those who have the linguistic and intellectual skills to do serious theological work and biblical study. Of course, not having those skills has saved me an immense amount of work.

During 1967-68, I was briefly a student at Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis, Indiana. The seminary is a Disciples of Christ school with students from a cross section of denominations. I found it a good school—really beyond my keen at the time. I was not much of a student.

I had attended undergraduate school with the aim of becoming a military chaplain. I took my undergraduate major in religion. My opposition to the American war in Vietnam changed my focus for a career. The day that I decided not to apply for the Army program for chaplains, I withdrew from seminary.

At the time I was in school, the seminary was beginning to explore alternative forms of ministry to pastor ministry. We were not clear about what this meant. At least I was not clear. The seminary seemed not to have developed strategies to design internships for such ministry. I fear that I was not help to them in doing just that.

Some years later, I did discover a career that lasted a quarter century that let me consider myself a minister without a religious portfolio. However, the struggle to find that career was long. Someone once blackballed me from a good job because I “had left ministry.” She felt that I had wasted the resources of my denomination. No one else considered my career as a ministry. I considered it as such. This is a 22 year old photo of me. I no longer allow anyone to photograph me!

Welcome Ted-I hope you enjoy this site. I sure do. Bobve

I just turned down an offer to work selling investment products with a godo company. I felt overwhelmed by it--at my age. I liked the career itself. You can do great good in your field.

Welcome Ted-I hope you enjoy this site. I sure do. Bobve

You can do great good in your line of work. I just turned down an offer to work in the field. At my age, I do not want to put in the hours or face the quotas, but I liked the offer.

post-642-1151823801_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ted Michael Morgan

Ted:

REALLY like your avatar ! Welcome !

flow.... :)

Thank you! It is an old image. I stopped letting anyone photograph me a few years ago!

http://tedmichaelmorgan.blogspot.com/

Thank you! It is an old image. I stopped letting anyone photograph me a few years ago!

http://tedmichaelmorgan.blogspot.com/

My Webpage

Welcome Ted -

CTS is my favorite seminary here in the Hoosier State - hope you enjoyed ur time there.

Welcome to the board!

Carl

The interval when I was at CTS was a difficult moment. That was 1976-68. The school was excellent. I was out-of-place there. I have an immensely high regard for the professors and classmates I enjoyed in the city. For a short time, I worked as an observer in then Mayor Lugar's office. He was (and is) a fine man.

Thank you for the welcome. :)

The interval when I was at CTS was a difficult moment. That was 1976-68. The school was excellent. I was out-of-place there. I have an immensely high regard for the professors and classmates I enjoyed in the city. For a short time, I worked as an observer in then Mayor Lugar's office. He was (and is) a fine man.

Thank you for the welcome. :)

Image of me about a month after I left Indianapolis in 1968:

post-642-1152353938_thumb.jpg

Thank you for posting your picture. Will you marry me? ;-)

Oh sorry sorry. I'm sorry. I'd say the devil made me say that, but too bad

I don't believe in the devil.

--des

des

You noticed, of course, that the pic was from 1968. Even I looked pretty good back then.

Besides, that great television teacher and philosophress, Geraldine, taught us all back then, that no matter how disciplined and careful we are in our lives, there are always times when "the Devil will make us do it".

I've been there quite often.

flow.... :P