Greetings

Durthorin

Written 11/06/00 in my Book of Shadows

As to my Faith:

Wicca, the Craft of the Wise. A belief that the Divine exists in all things and from the Divine came the Lord and Lady.. from them the aspects we name as the Gods and Goddesses. A belief that we are part of the world not its masters or seperate from the Earth or any life that lives on it, but part of it. Wicca is a matter of learning the "interconnectedness", of all things. A matter of finding balance in who you are and where you are. I have practiced for about 15 years. I am a Solitarty who has been influenced by Starhawks Reclaiming Tradition after the first time I read the Spiral Dance. Later as my reading expanded and I learned more.. I found myself accepting and embracing a more Warrior Path.. the sort that describes Wicca in five points, To know: To know who you are, your strength, your weakness.. to accept them. To dare: To have faith in what you are and what you can do. To will: To have the self-discpline to carry thru and maintain your course in the face of adversity or set back. To Imagine: To see where you wish to be, to visualize it and hold it..No one can not do anything in the craft without seeing a goal. An last to be silent: To find that place within yourself that still spot that lets you touch the Divine and hear Her guidance.

As to who I am:

Who am I? Why do I suddenly feel like the Vorlons have asked a question? I'm 48, male, married for ove 25 years to a woman I've been with for over 28.. I have two children a daughter who is a cross between Athena and Morgaine at 20 and a son who may create the first faster than light drive if he doesn't go postal and wack everyone in high school. I'm a practicing Witch, a WAN engineer, ex-Air Force and ex-cop. Somewhere along the line I missed the entire grow up thing and am happily trying to maintain my childlike wonder at an overall very cool world.

Brighid Bless, Dur

Written 11/06/00 in my Book of Shadows

As to my Faith:

Wicca, the Craft of the Wise. A belief that the Divine exists in all things and from the Divine came the Lord and Lady.. from them the aspects we name as the Gods and Goddesses. A belief that we are part of the world not its masters or seperate from the Earth or any life that lives on it, but part of it. Wicca is a matter of learning the "interconnectedness", of all things. A matter of finding balance in who you are and where you are. I have practiced for about 15 years. I am a Solitarty who has been influenced by Starhawks Reclaiming Tradition after the first time I read the Spiral Dance. Later as my reading expanded and I learned more.. I found myself accepting and embracing a more Warrior Path.. the sort that describes Wicca in five points, To know: To know who you are, your strength, your weakness.. to accept them. To dare: To have faith in what you are and what you can do. To will: To have the self-discpline to carry thru and maintain your course in the face of adversity or set back. To Imagine: To see where you wish to be, to visualize it and hold it..No one can not do anything in the craft without seeing a goal. An last to be silent: To find that place within yourself that still spot that lets you touch the Divine and hear Her guidance.

As to who I am:

Who am I? Why do I suddenly feel like the Vorlons have asked a question? I'm 48, male, married for ove 25 years to a woman I've been with for over 28.. I have two children a daughter who is a cross between Athena and Morgaine at 20 and a son who may create the first faster than light drive if he doesn't go postal and wack everyone in high school. I'm a practicing Witch, a WAN engineer, ex-Air Force and ex-cop. Somewhere along the line I missed the entire grow up thing and am happily trying to maintain my childlike wonder at an overall very cool world.

Brighid Bless, Dur

And may you be blessed also. Welcome aboard. Your kids sound intriguing! I'll bet they are a delight and a challenge. I have three grown kids, and I'm inclined to joke that I must be a fairly successful parent: I allowed all three of them to live long enough to reach adulthood, and we're all still on speaking terms. ;)

Durthorin:

Welcome to our little slice of heretic activities. It's been a little slow in recent weeks but it comes and goes.

We all hope that you have lots of questions because that's what this place is all about.

Me first. What does your avatar represent ?

flow.... :D

Edited by flowperson