We Survived 6/6/6

des

Anyway, I was rather amused how many people were making a big deal about the supposed year 666, because even if it mattered it would really be 06/06/06. I think that no. doesn't quite carry as much "weight".

A friend and I saw the Da Vinci code. We didn't get struck by lightening.

--des

I am lucky enough to have a copy of the first Omen film with Gregory Peck and Lee Remick. Very well made and scary as all get out. I understand the remake pales in comparison, as most remakes do.

What did you and your friend think of The DaVinci code, des ?

flow.... :D

Edited by flowperson

Anyway, I was rather amused how many people were making a big deal about the supposed year 666, because even if it mattered it would really be 06/06/06. I think that no. doesn't quite carry as much "weight".

A friend and I saw the Da Vinci code. We didn't get struck by lightening.

--des

I think it's sad. We get all wrapped up in much ado about nothing and overlooked completely the anniversary of D-Day (June 6, 1944), a date that deserves continued notice and respect. There were a lot of things in the media about 6/6/06 (most of it trivial and pure fluff) but I didn't see a thing about the anniversary of the Allied invasion of Normandy in W/ W/ II.

My wife and I saw Da Vinci (both read the book, too). Don't listen to all the critics, it was a good movie. I thought it was an excellent adaptation of the book that is nearly equally thought-provoking and entertaining. I do understand why the French laughed at the end at Cannes, but I liked it anyway. :D

I thought the Da Vinci code was very good as well. Some of the book was a little hard to visualize (ok very hard to visualize) what with the changing scenes etc. And I have never been to the Louve. I thought they did quite a good job with the Teabing character. I also like how they handled the factual basis of the Priory of Scion ("that's what they'd want you to believe), casting Tom :-) as the skeptic (ok he is always "Big" to me).

I wasn't as thrilled with the ending, except the little scene where she sticks her toe in the water, "I guess I'll try wine". I thought the sculptured tomb of Mary M. was a boring end. The only neat part was seeing him looking down all those levels of glass. But I did feel the book's more ambigious ending more satisfying, though I know that ambiguity is just about impossible in Hollywood.

Yes, the car case scenes were silly, but I want a SmartCar so I can back down sidewalks.

On a more serious note: i am not actually thrilled with the "holy bloodline" business. Strikes me too much of "the genetics of Jesus" means more than the message. OTOH, I am more interested in regaining of the sacred feminine.

--des