New Tv Show Book Of Daniel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another series that I really loved was Quantum Leap. I really seemed to identify with that show, and went into mourning when it disappeared. It was really fascinating, and I am seriously contemplating buying the entire DVD series. Scott Bakula never did another thing to measure up to it, and I thought that the guy that played Al was superb.

If I could only think of his name.

I cried for hours after the last episode of Quantum Leap. :(

Edited by AletheiaRivers

Another series that I really loved was Quantum Leap. I really seemed to identify with that show, and went into mourning when it disappeared. It was really fascinating, and I am seriously contemplating buying the entire DVD series. Scott Bakula never did another thing to measure up to it, and I thought that the guy that played Al was superb.

If I could only think of his name.

Dean Stockwell.

Another great series. While we're on favorites, how about the two parter where he first enters himself as a high school student, and then a comrade of his brother's in Vietnam?

Thanks for the Dean Stockwell comeback. I was having one of those two by four moments that occur occasionally with people my age. He was really great in that role.

I believe my favorite episode was the one in the last season that addressed the JFK assasination and the mindset of Lee Oswald. Interestingly, the series was cancelled not too long after that if I'm not mistaken. Art too close to truth do you think ?

Oh, and it might be close to the time that we all need to bone up on warp field geometry. Does it involve Hilbert Space theories or Reimann Geometry?

flow.... B)

Edited by flowperson

Oh, and it might be close to the time that we all need to bone up on warp field geometry. Does it involve Hilbert Space theories or Reimann Geometry?

Well, it's your basic Einsteinian concept of "warping" spacetime by generating a massive gravitational field around the ship. This is what the warp nacelles do. It's mainly based on the pioneering work of Zefram Cochrane in the late twenty-first century. 2063, I believe.

Ugh. What a geek I am.

Yes, we are officially off topic. :-)

No, you didn't make me recall them. I really liked those. OTOH, do not like any Borg episodes (though think they are good) that I think Alethia mentioned.

>Wow, des, how do we like exactly the same episodes?! Or maybe my bringing them up caused you to remember them. :)

>>Inner Light  (i'm trying to play that darned "Ressikan flute thing" on my recorder- all I can pick out is one line!!) http://beam.to/ressikan

>That was such a great melody. Damn, I need to see that episode again!

If you want the melody this page has a no. of different variations as well as the Frere Jacques from "Lessons".

Yes Darmok at Tarnar etc. etc.

Warp field physics, huh? You want to be a starship engineer when you grow up?

--des

Edited by des