Myers Briggs Jung Typology Test

AletheiaRivers

This isn't the original MB test. It is much shorter which is why I decided to post it instead. Hopefully it will be relatively "accurate." ;)

I've taken the test many times. I was thinking I might actually score differently with this particular version, because the questions are (I think) more ambiguous than even the original version. But, lo and behold, I scored basically the same, although I usually score higher on the "Intuitive" part.

Here's my results:

Your Type is

INFJ

Introverted 67%

Intuitive 50%

Feeling 50%

Judging 1%

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

distinctively expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed judging personality

www.humanmetrics.com

Edited by AletheiaRivers

Yeah, quite a few ambigous questions, but actually a pretty good test. Pretty much exactly what I described!

Your Type is INTP

Introverted 100

Intuitive 88

Thinking 1

Perceiving 44

You are:

* very expressed introvert

* very expressed intuitive personality

* slightly expressed thinking personality

* moderately expressed perceiving personality

http://keirsey.com/personality/ntip.html

http://typelogic.com/intp.html

Edited by FredP

OK test-meisters!!

What better way to end the year than with another test ? Actually the questions here were pretty revealing to the self, as opposed to the ones we did on theology elsewhere on the board. The results did not surprise me much though.Your Type is

INFP

Introverted

Intuitive

Feeling

Perceiving

Strength of the preferences %

INFP type description by D.Keirsey

INFP type description by J. Butt

You are:

• moderately expressed introvert

• very expressed intuitive personality

• moderately expressed feeling personality

• moderately expressed perceiving personality

I guess these results officially make me a dangerous potential emotionally-driven thinking terrorist threat. Maybe that's why I see white vans laden with protruding antennas driving up and down the avenue in front of my complex all the time.

A fun test though !!

flow... :D

Another INFP :-)

introverted 89

intuitive 62

feeling 6

perceiving 6

You are:

very expressed introvert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

(another hired hit killer or something).

I thought many of the questions were confusing and subjective.

--des

I am an ENFJ

This test also says I'm a slight extrovert - my Meyer's Briggs test said the same thing when I took it a few years back. Personally, I'm not sure if im an extrovert or an introvert, so I guess that is accurate. I think I am a pretty middle of the road type guy on every one of these points.

You are:

slightly expressed extrovert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality

It's interesting how similar these scores are, considering that four of us have taken it already, and we're all introverted intuitives.  I wonder if that's due to the fact that we're TCPCers, or that we're high-volume Internet users. :)

When I took my book to work a few years ago, every single person that took the test scored as an introvert. I wonder if the extrovert/introvert questions are skewed somehow.

I know I am an introvert, but my husband (imo) is very extroverted, and even he scores as an introvert. :huh:

I am an INFP: an introverted intuitive feeling perceiver. (Interestingly, my husband is an ENFP -- my extroverted other half?). A couple of times I took the test and scored as an INFJ. Perhaps that means I am an efficient procrastinator! :D

(Hey you other INFPs -- did you know that something like 90 percent of Episcopalian priests are also INFPs?).

Here's a quick thumbnail guide to the Myers-Briggs definitions:

Extroverts (First letter E)

--are outgoing, active, and tend to feel at ease with people

--get energized by the outer world

--are interested in the breadth of experiences

--discover what they think and feel by talking and doing

--act first and perhaps reflect on it later.

Introverts (First letter I)

--are quiet and reflective and prefer relating one to one

--get energized by being alone

--are interested in the depth of experience

--discover what they think and feel by processing information internally

--reflect first, then perhaps act

Sensates (Second Letter S)

--rely on information obtained directly from the five senses

--are practical and down to earth; live in the present

--are interested in what is at hand more than in future possibilities

--work step-by-step in an established way; usually pay attention to details/

Intuitives (Second Letter N)

--obtain information through their sixth sense of hunches, insights, and inspirations

--are interested in possibilities; use their imagination and vision

--like doing things in new ways; work in bursts of energy

--focus on the big picture; tend to ignore details.

Thinkers (Third Letter T)

--use logic and analysis to make decisions

--value principles, laws, and procedures

--tend to be impersonal, objective, and critical

Feelers (Third Letter F)

--filter information through their personal values

--value harmony; are supportive and empathic

--thrive on praise; are sensitive to criticism

Judgers (Fourth Letter J)

--are relatively structured and efficient

--live in a planned and organized way; tend to make lists and follow them

--push for decisions quickly in order to have closure

(Note: a preference for "judging" does not mean being "judgmental")

Perceivers (Fourth Letter P)

--are relatively adaptible, flexible, and spontaneous

--want to keep their options open and explore new possibilities

--postpone closure by taking in more and more information before making decisions

Cheers,

Mary/curlytop

Edited by curlytop

Curlytop:

Thanks for the breakdown that you provided. It allows me to make more sense out of the label that is now pasted to my forehead since I took the test, and which is, by the way, the same as yours. But I don't notice it very often since, at my age, I avoid looking in the mirror as much as possible.

By the way, my usual sleep time is from 5:pm to 1:00 am. Sometimes we must ignore the obvious in order to keep our lives on a safe and sane level. Do not be intimidated by what others may observe regarding your habits and their effects in the world.

Creative people are valued for their eccentricties ! Relish the notion !!

flow.... :P

When I took my book to work a few years ago, every single person that took the test scored as an introvert. I wonder if the extrovert/introvert questions are skewed somehow.

I know I am an introvert, but my husband (imo) is very extroverted, and even he scores as an introvert.  :huh:

I think the relevant criterion for the I/E scale comes down to whether you draw your energy from being with others or in solitude. A person who is very comfortable and performs well in social situations, but finds it a bit draining after awhile, and needs to get away to recharge afterwards, is technically an introvert. An extrovert, on the other hand, needs social interaction to recharge the batteries.

Yeah, my hubby and I talked about this a bit today. What you said describes him perfectly. He is comfortable in front of a group and with people and performs well in social situations, but it drains him. He is an INTP.

I'm an introvert, but I also have an avoidant personality. The two are not the same, but I have a tendency to combine them.

Yeah, my hubby and I talked about this a bit today. What you said describes him perfectly. He is comfortable in front of a group and with people and performs well in social situations, but it drains him. He is an INTP.

We are a rather dashing bunch aren't we! :rolleyes: Is he an engineer, by any chance?

I'm actually pretty close to the INTP/INFP border, which is interesting. I love math, logic, philosophy (duh), engineering, and pretty much any kind of analyzable, complex system -- but it has to be applicable to something potentially practical, humanitarian, and experiential (like spirituality) to really pull me in. Even the most abstract of systems like mathematics and logic are deeply moving for me, in a very direct, emotional way. I'm especially drawn to music theory, because it's a place where logic and emotion converge -- you don't just understand a great counterpoint or chord progression, you simultaneously experience it. I was actually a music composition major before philosophy grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and dragged me kicking and screaming into it.

Socially, I'm pretty lousy in front of a group, but I perform well enough in a social situation if I have some familiarity with the group, and in terms of professional or avocational groups I can even take over to some extent, if I feel like I'm the best qualified to do so. As long as I'm not physically elevated above them. Weird, huh? Horizontal leadership, if you'll pardon the double entendre. Still, in all cases, it's draining, and I need solitude to recharge. I have a very definite limit of how much social interaction I can take.

I know I don't post much, but I have a lot of experience with this test. I am an INTP. Many university professors (which I am not!) are INTJ. Most of the population is supposed to be extrovert, but I can't find evidence that this is true on the web in the five minutes I have.

At any rate, my point is that people who use the internet for discussion are likely to be introverts, and are attracted to progressive, less structured matters are liable to be P. Arty stuff like religion and God, and there you've got your N. The T and F scale isn't supposed to be as reliable, but from the posts you can see that there are "feelers" and "thinkers" here both.

Funny that you mention that most people are extroverts. Of all the forums I have been on (and there have been a few) where we have compared Meyers Briggs, most of the people were introverts. I am guessing the internet; people who participate in online forums; people who would take the test online; etc. has some bearing on the high introvert weight you see.

I don't really think it is progressive Christians, but more progressive Christians that participate in online forums and will take online quizes, esp the Meyers Briggs!

BTW, I would guess that most people are more a balance between the two. I'm not sure that this test "allows" that option.

--des

I think that as one matures, one is supposed to become more balanced -- taking on more extroverted qualities if one is an introvert, and vice versa. To be fully "actualized" is to attain more or less of a balance among all the qualities.

By the way, how many people know their Enneagram type? I'm a 9, "The Peacemaker."

Hmm. . . . perhaps I should start another thread on the Enneagram. It correlates well with the Myers-Briggs typings.

I'll go dig up an online Enneagram test . . .

:)

Mary

I am a Myers-Briggs INTP.

From what I can remember the population is apparently split 50/50 between E & I. I think that I read that a majority of women are feelers while a majority of men are thinkers and this is the only indicator that is affected by sex.

I would agree with an earlier post that discussions in this forum would be attractive to INTP's even though they are the rarest out of the 16 personality types. My wife (a myers-briggs junkie) speculates that most of the people (mostly men) in the conservative baptist seminary that we attended were ESFJ's. This might explain my frustration with my fellow students while in seminary since this is the opposite reading as mine. However, in a recent testing (by a certified tester) of ministers (ecumenical) in our town, almost all of the 15 or so ministers turned out to be introverted. Who knows?