Taking Up Hobbies Later In Life?

des

MOW:

From what I've read here over the past year, you are an accomplished musician, and rhythm will come naturally to you on the dance floor. Just gaze into her eyes, smile, and move your feet without thinking about it too much. The rest will probably happen automatically. Let us know how it turns out.

flow.... :)

Guest wayfarer2k

I decided, a couple of years ago, to take up the accordion. *gasp*

Now all my fundie friends are really convinced that I have "left the faith". :)

Seriously, though, I started playing around with one in the mid-70's (we couldn't afford a real piano) and I enjoyed it then. It was alot of fun to play because you could do melody, chords, bass, and rhythm all at the same time. Kinda. I played it as a teenager on our church's bus routes to keep the kids occupied during the long drives. But I set it down in my later teens and moved to playing keyboards.

Now I'm in my late 40's and thought I would try to pick this up again and take it seriously as a musical instrument. Besides, it is a well-known fact (thanks to Gary Larson) that those in hell will play accordions instead of harps. Just preparing for my future. :)

Anyway, I have a couple of them now and am thoroughly enjoying the music and the subculture that surround this instrument. And, surprisingly, it is the older generation that scoffs at it and considers it passe. The younger generation loves it!

wayfarer