Does Anybody Really Like Fruitcake?

MOW

Atticus is doing allright I think.

The vet decided to give him the immiticide over the course of three treatments.

He said that is the safest method. Atticus had a difficult time with the first one.

As the heartworms go into the lungs, sometimes the dog has a hard time breathing. Atticus had a bad time with that with the first shot. The vet said that it was a very good thing he decided to use the 3 course treatment. He thinks that since Atticus did have that problem, that had he tried to treat it with only one or two shots, it may have been too much of a shock for Atticus to take. But as it worked out, he did fine.

He has had all 3 of his shots now, and must still be on restricted activities for another week or two. After that, we go back to the vet - and hopefully he gets a clean bill of health :)

The vet also found ear infections, so I am treating him for that. The vet said that Atticus may have some hearing loss from them. That is ironic, because my hearing loss came from bad ear infections as well.

So, a few months and $1,200.00 later - things are looking pretty good for Methodist Golden Retrievers in Northern Indiana.

Thanks for asking!

Good news on the Golden front. :-)

Sounds like you found a great vet, and your very cheap dog cost you on arm and leg.

BTW, don't feel too special there. I spent $$$$ on my rescue cat when I first got him to find out why he had constant runs. The shelter claimed ignorance, but I later found a history of irritable bowel disorder. But see, my story has a happy ending. Padfoot is now a very healthy (and sometimes quite wild) kitty. So here's to wishing that your story ends the same way. :-)

BTW, I loved the fruit cake-- made it last night. Hic! :-)

--des

Speaking of rescues... I discovered three (and then 2 more) kittens hanging out by one of the dumpsters on the way to the laundry room. When I went back mama cat was there. THe next day the were all gone. I'm hoping the owner of the mama cat took them back or at the very least mama cat moved them somewhere safer. I wanted to rescue them but have no place to take them. I'm also not getting support from my husband -- but that wouldn't really stop me. I tend to do what I want when it comes to these situations.