Welcome To The Stockholm Inn

irreverance

Yesterday, I went to the Stockholm Inn in Rockford for breakfast for the first time since I moved back into town.

Three Sweedish pancakes...slathered with butter...covered with strawberries.

One over-medium egg.

I ate so much I kinda felt ill. But it was worth it.

Ahhhhhh. I'm ready to go back.

Stop IT!!!!!!!!

I think that the only way I can ever get these in NM is learn how to make them. (Not likely since I am trying to lower carbs.)

OTOH, I'm surprised it was strawberries. I think lingonberries are the tradition.

--des

Edited by des

In my estimable opinion IHOP sucks in comparison to the Original Pancake Houses. If you have one nearby try their swedish and lingonberries. Crispy-thin and chewey, just like they're supposed to be. You won't be disappointed! Sausage links on the side accent the excellence of the sweets!

Just kidding about IHOP. I've eaten worthwhile repasts there many times.

flow.... :P

We used to have an International House of Pancakes just down the street from where I grew up. I'll never forget the cheesy Swiss decor that was supposed to make you feel like you were in a chalet, perhaps after a day of skiing.

That same building still stands all these years later, only now it is a Mexican resterant. :blink: Right up the street, put in about 5 years ago, is a franchise IHOP.

I think that perhaps the "lingonberry sauce" at IHOP might have a couple lingonberries in it. Chicago area had some Original House of Pancakes. Very good! One of them was in a scene in Ordinary People (well ordinary upper income people living in exclusive Chicago area suburbs). Anyway, it is an awesome place with good food, VERY long lines, good prices, and tiffany lamps and windows and rich wood everywhere.

--des

The Original Pancake House rules!!!!!!!

We have one just about 5 miles from our house, ever beckoning us to abandon healthier eating habits.

Good food for the soul, though. And incredible coffee too! And now I can never have "phony" maple syrup again . . .

Yum.

:)

I usually refer to IHOP as IHOO, since I almost always get omelettes.

So you're officially in Rockford eh? My wife's sister and her family are there. We live in Algonquin, about 40 miles away. Is there any Swedish connection to Rockford, or are they just trying to sell pancakes?