It's A Boy!

FredP

Howdy everyone... Just dropping by in between naps to share the news that our son Jonathan Samuel was born early Wednesday morning, August 3, at 3:07 AM.  He tipped the scales at an unbelievable 9 lbs. 10 oz., and 22.5 in.! Everybody is doing great. Life is truly a miracle.

Howdy everyone...  Just dropping by in between naps to share the news that our son Jonathan Samuel was born early Wednesday morning, August 3, at 3:07 AM.  He tipped the scales at an unbelievable 9 lbs. 10 oz., and 22.5 in.!  Everybody is doing great.  Life is truly a miracle.

Congratulations! Suit him up. The Fighting Illini really need him.

9lbs 10oz?  :blink:  Your poor wife! Egads. Any complications with the delivery?

Well, in addition to his size, he was also posterior, i.e. head down, but face forward. If you've ever heard of "back labor," that's it, and it's really painful. She labored as long as she could without any drugs or medical intervention, but ultimately had to be C-sectioned. As much as we advocate and were prepared to go the natural route, we do realize there are times when modern technology does have something valuable to offer!

9lbs 10oz?  :blink:  Your poor wife! Egads. Any complications with the delivery?

Well, in addition to his size, he was also posterior, i.e. head down, but face forward. If you've ever heard of "back labor," that's it, and it's really painful. She labored as long as she could without any drugs or medical intervention, but ultimately had to be C-sectioned. As much as we advocate and were prepared to go the natural route, we do realize there are times when modern technology does have something valuable to offer!

Amen Fred! Our first was born naturally after an great struggle, our second was born by C section after a great struggle. Without the technology neither of our children would be alive and neither would my wife.

Natural is good if it is backed up by the appropriate technology.

You are entering into the most wonderful, rewarding and frustrating time of your life.

I salute you! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, didn't you know he's already posting in daddy's account. He logs in-- you never know the difference. Daddy has taught him most of the theological fine points. That kid is really smart. (Hey kid, take it easy on me, I never had the advantages that you did!!)

:-P

--des

Can he be one month old already??!!

Dang! What ARE you guys feeding that kid?

At this rate he'll be posting in 6 months! :D

lily

Dang! What ARE you guys feeding that kid?

At this rate he'll be posting in 6 months!  :D

Well, keep in mind that he was already almost 10 pounds at birth... The pics are kind of deceiving, he's actually not quite 12 yet. Between the overalls and the cloth diaper, he looks kind of he might be on his way to kindergarten.

I don't think he's posting anything yet... I'll have to check the browser cache.